DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Everyone was quite helpful in offering up their opinions on my color choice for the '64 Riviera, so now I need to ask your opinions yet again. This time it is for the 1967 Plymouth Satellite Hemi, which is another on my 2006 wish list. The colors in question are:

Turquoise or Black

I am really attempting to add some "color" to my collection, especially when it comes to my 60s cars, so as to enhance the overall display. Thus my first inclination is to go with the Turquoise. However, I really like the wheels that are on the black car, as they look somewhat sinister!

I welcome your thoughts or opinions; and thanks! :cheers

Pictures from eBay Auctions of Diecastmart

View attachment 25846 View attachment 25847

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I really like the turquoise, but then again, those tall silver sills look great against the black...hmmmmm

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
:iagree
While I can see wanting to add that color because it is so nice, my minds eye se's this car in black.
Getting both is the only solution :giggle

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Black. Did I say black? Because I would go with the black. I think black would be your best choice. . . :giggle The black looks meaner and more purposeful, especially with the dog dish hubcaps. You could get both and swap out wheels, but I'm not sure you'll get the same sinister look out of the turquiose car. . . Just my :my2cents

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Ric,
If I am not mistaken, they are different cars. One is a Satellite and the other one is a Belvedere thus different wheels. And about the wheel swap, I think that the black wheels on the black one would incorrect on the turquoise as it would have color matching steel wheels.

But I agree, get them both! :giggle

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
That is what I thought initially too, Al, but if you look this one has bucket seats, which is what was available on the Satellite and not the Belvedere. Also, I see a badge on the grill of the Satellites that is not present on the Belvedere. Irregardless, I think I am going to go with a color other than black (as I can only afford one! :giggle).

Of course, there is also this one to consider (though it is not the Hemi version):

View attachment 25864

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.