DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, a new member of DX contacted me with a nice offer to send me a sample wheel set of his creation. I entered the site of UTL models, and was happy to find some very nice wheels there, that i think will be very popular in 1/18 modificators. I will try the sample version that Jeff will send me and i believe i will purchase some sets for my future projects.

In his site, i was lucky to find the wheels i am looking for some time now, (Volks replicated 1/18)

Here you can check for your selves the first wheel sets (with tires and brakes): http://utlmodels.com/products.asp

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Yeah they look nice. Shipping to New Zealand is expensive though!

I would be keener to get some if I knew how they fit on. Do they need to be glued on etc?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Very interested in seeing how the attachment points are done for the wheels... You said a new member from here? Maybe he can give us the details?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
they look great, id be very interested in sampling a set as i find it very hard to find JDM wheel styles for 1/18.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all DX Members.

To who ever members that from this forum have registered with us on our website, we will contact you via email if you are the every lucky 10th one.

In this forum we have contacted a few members via PM regarding the the FREE sample, only RSIevolution is reply. For other members who have received our PM, please reply us as soon as you can. If there were no reply within this week, the sample quota will be pass to other members. Sorry for this arrangement due to limited sample will be giving out.

Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I looked at your website and found you only make wheels for cars, I'm looking for 4x4 offroad wheels and tires, is there any plans on reproducing some of those?

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Very nice. I am going to have to pick up a set or two. Thanks for sharing the new site.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Hi all DX Members.

To who ever members that from this forum have registered with us on our website, we will contact you via email if you are the every lucky 10th one.

In this forum we have contacted a few members via PM regarding the the FREE sample, only RSIevolution is reply. For other members who have received our PM, please reply us as soon as you can. If there were no reply within this week, the sample quota will be pass to other members. Sorry for this arrangement due to limited sample will be giving out.

Thanks for your support.
Hey bro, how come i don't have sample ? LOL !! And i register early, so no chance get free unit loh..

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
I would love to find a set of offset wheels to go on a M3. Mine is missing two wheels so I was going to add all new wheels and remove the decals, maybe paint. Hope something like that comes out soon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered 2 set of wheel on monday.. and today it reach me.... really fast shipping. Still hot out from package...... here are some photos to share.... i think i will able to complete up my FD3S RX7 by this weekend.... yeh!.........

The packaging is pretty nice..... like how it presented.....

Is a 3 piece wheels..... Rubber Tire, ABS Plastic Wheel Design and Aluminium outer wheel..... impressive.

I love the TE37 design more..... i love the design with the concave in look.. like the real Volks TE37.

I think the negative part of this UTL set is the calipers, pins and discbrake not in a frame like those Tamiya products..... if all the loose piece is in a Frame... then it will be perfect. But anyway it will be cut out too even is attached with frame.. so i am fine with it...

Now is time to spray the wheels and put on my RX7.... whahahaha...... :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts