DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I've been recently collecting some very nice Autoart 1:43 Lambos and as I've been doing my research I keep running into roadblocks when it comes to details about each brand. Autoart seems to have the most info out there on what to expect out of their models but other companies like TSM vary depending on which model you are looking to get. My main question is which brands are pretty much on par with autoart? I dont necessarily mean detail wise, more so on presentation. I love the way autoart models display and the details they include are always very nice. I prefer diecast over resin but if the details and presentation are there I dont mind getting one if the prices arent too steep. I only have one other 1:43 model and brand which is a saleen s7 race car from IXO. Not a horrible example but clearly my autoarts are much better detailed. What other brands share a lot of the same features as Autoart (like spinning brake discs, perforated grilles, detailed under bodies etc) for around the same prices?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've sold most of my 1:43 models, and only kept the most exclusive ones, which are amongst others my Make Up models - most of them from their Eidolon series (and some of their Vision series).
See e.g. their website: https://www.makeupco....jp/Â Â it's mostly in Japanese, but using the Google Translate function in the Chrome browser helps :)

Their level of detail and presentation is absolutely stunning, and as I'm quite a fan of 'historic racers' (say until 1980), their line up of Porsches is great.

See e.g.

The downsides
- they are quite costly
- they are not that easy to find

Next to the Make Up Eidolon models, in 1:43 I kept e.g. the Porsche 935 'Moby Dick' Le Mans 1978 racer from MR Collection and the Ferrari 250 LM Nurburgring 1965 (Piper / Maggs) racer from BBR. which I think are also two very beautiful models, but their 'presentation' is not on the level of Make Up.

So if you are really looking for 'top details with top presentation', I'd recommend to search for Make Up, and then especially their Eidolon series, or even their Eidolon Collection series.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Additionally, I'd say that the current 1:43 BBR models with the leather base, also have quite a nice presentation, which I rank above AUTOart's 1:43 presentation.

See e.g.

But also go for about the same amounts as the Make Up models (€200-300; the above one auctioned for c.€380 excl. shipping)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Additionally, I'd say that the current 1:43 BBR models with the leather base, also have quite a nice presentation, which I rank above AUTOart's 1:43 presentation.

See e.g.

But also go for about the same amounts as the Make Up models (€200-300; the above one auctioned for c.€380 excl. shipping)
all these look great, after doing tons of research i ended up sticking with diecast autoart 1/43's just to keep my collection consistent for now. but i'm definitely keeping an eye out for any deals on these brands you presented. so far i've got a nice start but the climbing prices are going to start making this hobby become very selective for me.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

See e.g.

I'm not a big 1/43rd collector, focusing on 1/18th diecasts, but I know my race cars. That appears to be a gorgeous representation of the GTO that 1961 World Driving Champion Phil Hill and his most frequent driving partner Olivier Gendebien drove to an excellent 2nd overall in the 1962 12 Hours of Sebring, but the color is completely wrong - it should be BLUE:

Is that because of a camera setting or is the BBR model actually grey?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've sold most of my 1:43 models, and only kept the most exclusive ones, which are amongst others my Make Up models - most of them from their Eidolon series (and some of their Vision series).
See e.g. their website: https://www.makeupco....jp/Â Â it's mostly in Japanese, but using the Google Translate function in the Chrome browser helps :)

Their level of detail and presentation is absolutely stunning, and as I'm quite a fan of 'historic racers' (say until 1980), their line up of Porsches is great.

The downsides
- they are quite costly
- they are not that easy to find

Next to the Make Up Eidolon models, in 1:43 I kept e.g. the Porsche 935 'Moby Dick' Le Mans 1978 racer from MR Collection and the Ferrari 250 LM Nurburgring 1965 (Piper / Maggs) racer from BBR. which I think are also two very beautiful models, but their 'presentation' is not on the level of Make Up.

So if you are really looking for 'top details with top presentation', I'd recommend to search for Make Up, and then especially their Eidolon series, or even their Eidolon Collection series.
I also collect Make Up myself. I really do think they're the best in the game when it comes to 1/43. Their quality is superior to many high-end 1/18 models. Which is impressive for being 1/43 scale.

This is my R34 Z-Tune Midnight purple iii

1 - 9 of 9 Posts