DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these 2 at the Anime Convention on Friday, very good price for them, especially the cold-cast statue (B. Jenet). It's not as well made as some of the others, but for 45CAD, it was definitely worth it. The Kuraeha retails for a lot more, if I were to purchase the Japanese release :p

First up, Kureha! She's PVC, but VERY VERY heavy. Her robes are made of soft plastic, so it's actually flexible. She's a character from Ninja Gaiden, and i'm wondering if anyone knows if Ayane and Ryu had American releases too? (I'm looking at you, Souky! :giggle)

Next up is B. Jenet. Another game character, from Mark of the Wolves. Not as nicely painted or detailed as Kureha, but this is a cold-cast statue (pocelain) and the flesh tones are much nicer...

G

·
gundam40 said:
You playing with dolls again, Gary? :giggle

Haha, yeah, we get them here as well. And since you have Kureha, you might as well add Ayane to the collection... C'mon, one more doll, I mean, figurine wouldn't hurt. :giggle If you shop around, Ayane can be had for as low as $34 instead of the high $60's most shops demand.

BTW, do you any photos of the convention? Booths, Cosplay shots, ect?

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Souky! :cheers

Ya, i'm looking for Ayane and Ryu! Mainly Ayane :giggle I got Kureha for 47CAD, i guess that's a bit steeper than your stores :( It's good to know that Ayane has an American release... time to look around, no way am I paying the Yen prices for these things! :(

No pics of booths or cosplay, as my companion was complaining about being tired, so we mad rushed thru the stalls and just bought stuff :lol

BTW Souky, did u see the American releases of the DOA Kasumi C1? They were dang cheap (aorund 75CAD) here. Still waiting for my C2 to arrive! ARGH!

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks guys! :cheers

OMG OMG souky! Where can I get that? Please let me know ASAP! PRe-order? special show? I NEEDS TO KNOWS! :help

Nicky: Actually, Ikkitousen figures were readily avail. at the show too, but I already bought Kanu Ucho, and the other figures don't look good, so... :giggle

Louis: get it get it get it! :D Let her play the Volleyball game and she'll fall in love with the DOA girls :D

Jeff: Technically dolls have movable parts... these don't :lol

G

·
gundam40 said:
OMG OMG souky! Where can I get that? Please let me know ASAP! PRe-order? special show? I NEEDS TO KNOWS! :help
Haha, you sounded so desperate, you hentai you... :giggle

This one here, unfortunately, is a WF2005 special. Yup, that means it's only available for Wonder Fest attendees.

You might be able to find it on Ebay, but expect to pay atleast $150 USD and on up for this baby.

I know... it's a hard knock life being a geek... :hot

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info souky... i'll have to keep my eye out on ebay... 150USD tho, oh my! :help

BTW, I saw a special colour version of one of those BOME figures (those new twin ones) at the convention... it was 35CAD tho, around double the normal colours' price, so I skipped it .... was that a WF special too? :confused

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang... searched around on ebay for Wonder Festival stuff, only those little gashapon toys, no black Kasumi! ARGH! And I just missed my local anime store owner, he's currently on trip to Japan... dangit!

G

·
Try Yahoo Japan. You'll most likely find many limited editions & obscured figurines/gashapons.

Warning: Be prepare to spend dough because 99.99% of sellers do not ship overseas, so you'd have no choice but to deal with Celga or Rinkya (my current YJ agent). :help

G

·
You can search YJ through Rinkya: http://rinkya.com/

What's really cool is that they provided a currency converter & English translator (located on top of the screen), so you wouldn't have to guess how much and what it says in the description.

Fill in the SEARCH AUCTIONS and click GO. After that, you should see many listings and click on the tools on top of page to convert Yen to Dollar or translate. Have fun. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Now I know who the real geeks are on DX. :giggle :giggle Truth be told, I'd gladly swap put all my daughter's Barbie dolls for those babes (esp. that one Souky posted). :tease

1 - 20 of 21 Posts