DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
one of my members from my forum is works in Dubcity company in US. and he added some pics of new jada productions, he told that the quality is more better than the old jada models. and he told that these models are still not in HIGH-END category :confused: so i wonder how would the highend models?.. he told that these pics is the first time pics on the net...

JADA 1/18 Big Time Muscle 1969 Chevelle & 1963 Corvette Stingray...

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
What is different about them? They look like the ones that have been on the shelves at WM for a while. The #69 Chevelle has been out for a while now.

About the only difference I seen is the orange line on the tire, but that is hardly "highend". :confused

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I was looking at similar Jada models at WM the other day. I almost picked up one or two that had the interchangable wheels that were more 'non-Dub'. I think they are headed in the right direction though!!!

Sean

G

·
I really like Jada's approach to the market they cater to - they actually make cars people want and not just produce something and hope its popular. I guess it helps that they are actively involved in the 1:1 aftermarket scene to know whats appealing instead of going off memories of the 60's and 70's. Sorry had to say that :giggle

I've got two Jada models in my collection. And everytime someone looks at my collection, they always notice the Jada models more than another model with the exception of the 1:12 C5R's :giggle

G

·
They were going to make a 1:18 R34 Skyline but apparently scrapped that project. It pays to be picky these days, companies often spin out any piece of junk they can conjure up.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Oversized as compared to WHAT? And what exactly entails a Properly sized wheel? And why such a blanket statement? I'm more than irriated that you would even post that trash here. Fortunately this is a family site or I might step out of character tonight. Sometimes people should keep their mouths shut and put their hands in their pocket.

I think every one of those models looks good, ESPECIALLY the Vette. I wish more companies would follow up on these beautiful racing themes that Jada is doing. Yeah, the wheels may be too d*mn different for some, but we don't we 19 companies doing 19 of the same exact thing. And if anyone decides to "step out of line" and think differently I'm sure the multi million dollar genius in here will be sure to spit on you and put you back into a robotic way of thinking. I believe Jada has actually downsized the wheels from what I can see, but I'd be able to tell better in person.

:hater

G

·
It has a certain appeal to it, maybe I was in a bad mood sorry. I don't remember if I was in a bad mood or not. But from a physics standpoint is it stupid to have huge wheels on a car. I've seen nearly 30" wheels on a car I'm surprised it doesn't tear itself apart.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
So is having a car that can do 200mph when the speed limit is 65, or how about all the people that own Range Rovers when the only off-road action they will see, is the valet running over a crub. Are they also imbeciles?

It is all a personal choice. As long as it does not infringe on any of your rights, what difference does it make to you?

I don't particular care for the look (specially that molded-in side exhaust), but it is no skin off my nose that Jada is making these. GMP, Ertl, Lane, AUTOart, Minichamps...continue to make cars that I like, so I buy those.

I have said it before, if this is a financial success, at it seems to be, and gives them revenue to make others "normal" diecast ,like the Scarface Caddy or the Concept Camaro, then more power to them!

A rising tide lifts all boats!

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Just found this thread and decided to resurrect it.

Jada Toys certainly has its share of :hater s, no doubt. I will say that my experiences of having dealt with them closely for years now is that they portray a company-wide personality trait of total arrogance - it's from the top down. Other retailers who are blessed with a direct account have concurred with me. It's very similar to AUTOart, except that Jada consistantly over-achieves and delivers profitable hot sellers to their distributors time-after-time and their costs tend to be the lowest in the industry. When most of the other makers were scrambling to buy raw materials at insance costs, Jada's futures options allowed them to buy at normal prices and keep prices low. You gotta hand it to them!

Jada knows exactly what they're doing and that is to deliver dazzling products that interest all ages and interests. While the hughty elitests like NeedForSpeed look down their noses at Jada, they just keep following their recipe for success and laughing all the way to the bank. Like it or not, they're not going anywhere.

G

·
I look at them all the time but do not buy. I like the looks and the cars, but the turn off is the size of the wheels. If they would do them in more like 18's in the front and say 20's in the rear, I might be in the mood to get one.

I have a big hang up wheels and looks. To me the big tires and wheels need to stay on trucks and my wifes suv. We have a Ford here in town that has such big wheels on it, it has metal running boards off a F-250 on the sides of it.

As to GMP, I have over 22 of them and I still dont like the new style wheels they are using. I wish they would make some Center Lines and others like Keystone, AR and the old wheels. Some of the new ones really dont match the classic style of the car.

Just my 2 cents worth..

I like fat and mean, not tall and lean. Am very old school.

..Kev :cheers

G

·
I look at them all the time but do not buy. I like the looks and the cars, but the turn off is the size of the wheels. If they would do them in more like 18's in the front and say 20's in the rear, I might be in the mood to get one.

I have a big hang up wheels and looks. To me the big tires and wheels need to stay on trucks and my wifes suv. We have a Ford here in town that has such big wheels on it, it has metal running boards off a F-250 on the sides of it.

As to GMP, I have over 22 of them and I still dont like the new style wheels they are using. I wish they would make some Center Lines and others like Keystone, AR and the old wheels. Some of the new ones really dont match the classic style of the car.

Just my 2 cents worth..

I like fat and mean, not tall and lean. Am very old school.

..Kev :cheers
I LUV THE THROW BACK TRUCKS THATS WHY I MADE THIS SUBURBAN MY STYLE

Attachments

G

·
It is all a personal choice. As long as it does not infringe on any of your rights, what difference does it make to you?

I have said it before, if this is a financial success, at it seems to be, and gives them revenue to make others "normal" diecast ,like the Scarface Caddy or the Concept Camaro, then more power to them!
(Emphasis mine.)

I can scarcely believe I'm reading this old post from Al.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
mac47,
It seems that I more than pissed on you AUTOart Cheerios and I must had taken a dump in your bowl for you to dig this up.
Have the decency to read my entire point of view and not just post excepts like the communist media.

What harm does Jada do when they keep making products that fly of the shelves at a very affordable price point? I don't seen them selling the same models released 5 years ago for 2x the money. Do you? Are they now selling new models for $50 that are the same or inferior to the ones sold 5 years ago?

I'll say it again, I don't care how many $19 DUB Camaros they sell if it creates the revenue to make cars like the Scareface, Reservour Dogs and Godfather Cadillacs. If that $19 toy makes a kid happy and he turns into a genuine collector, the hobby prospers.

Can't make the same argument with $240 Autoarts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.