DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Why on earth does it cost $74.95?? Is it the high licence fee for use of the Autoart name & logo?? :lol The high costs can't be attributed to multiple colours and long striped tampos. And to see they put it under the "racing" category. :help

It baffles me that they are expending any sort of effort to a model that's not even in demand by collectors (okay, I'm speculating a little here). What a waste of corporate resources.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
[quote name='Bubbles' date='Nov 10 2006, 08:16 AM']
This another Asian Cup car...?

It's a GT3R. the same as the whilte one and also released in redbull, AJR etc. a little while ago. But this is just rediculous. Why in the world are they working on crap like this when they should be working on the older 911's. :smack :mob :mob

·
I look good in leather.
462 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Indeed it is. I was just having a dig at the random cars, that no-one's ever heard of, that they've produced recently.

Anyway: I can understand plain racers, or test cars. Minichamps's RSR is a pretty neat looking model. Plain colour, that makes the car look good, and you can appreciate the form of the car, without crazy paintjobs or sponsors ruining the lines.

However, besides outright fanboyism, what, on earth, is the appeal of sticking AutoArt all over a blank car? It's seemingly an unpopular past-time to be a fan of AUTOart these days. I am, as I think they, at times, make fantastic models. But this car is available in a few pretty sweet liveries. The appeal of a bright yellow one with autoart written all over it is lost on me... :dizzy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
There is a lot to be said about this and I sure do have a lot to say.

First and foremost, this is collectors fault. Yep, I said it, I said it before and I am going to say each and every time they drop a turd in our hands like this one.

There is a time frame that chronicles AUTOart's Porsche Race Cars that goes back to this summer. Allow me to cover that time frame in a brief manner.

These cars were announced prolly 6 months before they first hit the market. The hype around them was unbelievable due to the subject matter as well as the plain version being a hot seller. I know I was waiting on pins and needles anxiously awaiting them all.

The first of these Porsche's to hit the market was the Lemans version which had decals as fog lamps. Some bought into it making excuses for why they would release a $65+ car with decals for fog lamps - for those that didn't buy into it, lets just say they wouldn't have won a popularity contest at that time.

That debate touched a nerve as too many were not happy with the model and the others were not happy about the model being "bashed", even when the truth was written on the walls.

The Red Bull and AJR models were released next, not much was said about them because of the hoopla about Lemans car resulted in some getting their panties in a wad.

So on to the release of the TRG - I believe I mentioned there was some inaccuracies surrounding that model and the darn roof nearly blew off the place as everyone chimed in to tell me I was wrong. Someone even went as far as mentioning that the car the TRG website was wrong :confused

I spoke to the marketing manager at TRG and he confirmed AUTOart's car was inaccurate. I then wrote AUTOart an email inquiring why this line of Porsche' were abominated with inaccuracies and descrepanices - the lame email reply that I recieved back explains everything about why this yellow AUTOart GT3 R car is being released.

After posting AUTOart's email and mentioning of speaking with TRG - it was like someone had died,, no one had anything to say. No one bothered to defend the reasoning anymore, heck someone even went back and changed their post(glad I quoted them) so it wouldn't be obvious as to where they stood.

Then came the Kwan's in limited edition #'s, then came another Kwan in limited edition - then came more Carrera Cup Porsche's in limited editions, and then came more limited edition Carrera Cup's. By gosh we sure have enough of limited editions of this mold. :dizzy

Instead of us collectively challenging AUTOart for a better product instead of accepting the "no big deal", "I don't care about inaccuracies", "its a must have" models, maybe - just maybe we wouldn't be staring at something like this being offered to us. Instead of the emails saying "thank you sir, may I please have another", we should have been asking for better research on some of the models that they were producing that proved to be great subject matter - even with all of their inaccuracies and descrepancies.

I mean [email protected], how arrogant is this - give us a bunch of Porsche models with inaccuraces, wrong designations, wrong engines and even wrong numbers - and then turn around and give us the same car with Auto Art written all over it :lol

You've got to be kidding - I will give them credit for having a large sack, because it takes a pair to offer something like this to collectors considering what they have done with their Porsche line up.

But we asked for it by taking a defense around the dog pile - and people wonder why sealed models are hated so much, just give it time and it will be picture clear.

Wow!! A yellow Auto Art Porsche GT3 R - my oh my.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I should stop posting pics of AUTOart Porsches as I see they are really affecting your Blood pressure Darrick :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well atleast my bowel movements are easier now - cause its mess like this that just makes me sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
hmm..sorry, just had to come back to comment on this..

wat a piece of crap.... AUTOart, u suxk,stuff like this make mi sick even though i stopped collecting (also due in part to AUTOart's price increases on every other car)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.