DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i recently picked this one up at KB toys and I got it for free. The girl working was a teen about my age and she looked at me and my bro and kind of gave us a smile and she only charged me for one car so I didnt really hesitate to rip this one apart haha. I trashed my Carrera gt race car because i got an AUTOart so I used most of the parts from that. Here is what it started out as...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Well you do know how to get "favor treat" for free diecast!!! :giggle

...What did you have to do in exchange? ....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Under the hood is the suspension showing that actaully cuts into the lining and the front features a tow hook and front lip im considering darkening the headlights a tad or some colorchanging film over top

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well normally i dont carry my camera into the stores haha just kidding once my pops pays me for cutting the grass im thinking about going back on tuesday when my bro has off work haha

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Are you sure the store was not having the buy-one-get-one-free sale? They have had it for a couple of weeks now!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So here is a quick list of things done to the car...
Interior
-RHD conversion
-Carbon race dash and steering wheel
-Carbon Kevlar Recaro race seat
-Partial roll cage(still have to complete the sides)
-Flat door panels
-Beauty boards for floor, rear seats, and rear deck lid to cover up seat holes
-Fuel cell with wiring

Exterior
-Carbon front diffuser
-Sideskirts
-Custom rear diffuser
-Custom exhaust with chrome muffler and tips
-Rear race wing
-Red tow hook
-Old grill taken out to show front mount intercooler(rare site to see on a mid engine car i know but i couldnt pass it up)
-Race wheels painted metallic gold
-Painted side markers
Engine
-Cut old air box out for new intake/filter
-Piping
-Wiring
-Chrome pipe with wastegate
-Heat shielding on back panel

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No the store was not having the sale, they had a sale but it was not on diecasts which i was mad about but was ready to pay full price when she kind of stared at the box and thought to herself and then smiled and said ummm its only 19.99

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wait wait wait... some girl who works at a toy store, only charges you for one car yet lets you have two... and you didnt ask for a number???!!! :help

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha nice Stig. Don't worry though im going back this week haha too bad kb doesnt sell autoarts d'oh

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I guess my age is showing, buy I fail to find any humor, let alone honor, in the acquisition of this model.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts