DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided I might as well show off my collection of very various scales, although I plan to move to just 1/43 soon. I obviously won't show my massive Hotwheels-and-the-like collection or any of the other models that were abused by me as a little kid, just my "nicer" models.
I'll start with the least notable.
-1/32 1963 Chevrolet Corvette AMT Model Kit, 2019(?)
-1/40 1950 Ford Tudor Wagon, 2021
-1/40 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Coupe taxi, 2021
-1/43 2000-ish Volkswagen Westfalia van, showing the exact reasons a model like this should never be given to a 7-year-old kid (me in 2015), 2015(?)
I also own a pair of 1/24 or 1/18 Ferrari Enzos, from Revell and Maisto and 2014(?) and 2019 respectively. They were both presents from different people for my 6th(?) and 11th birthdays. I'm quite fond of them and hate it when people call the Enzo ugly.
Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Now, my favorite car in my meager collection is a 1/43 1935 Citroen Traction Avant that I got, uh, last month, as a present from my grandfather. He bought it for me in the gift shop of a car museum we visited together, for 20 Euros (Yeah, that was in Europe and I live in America). I love it, and my only complaint is that the headlights are a bit misaligned.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car Wheel
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

I'll keep adding to this thread whenever I get something new or maybe I'll start a thread just for my not-yet-existing 1/43 collection. Until then, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on my collection!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice variety there. I like the Ford Wagon. Here is my 1949.
Looks pretty much identical to mine (other than the color of course) except mine doesn't have an opening hood, just side doors. Nice tow truck, I might look at getting something like that.
Excellent stuff! I especially like the Citroen :)
Thanks! The Citroen is my favorite too, although the Ford comes in a close second.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I’m surprised no one has made a mega high end 1:18 version of the Citroen. Despite being very innovative from an engineering perspective, maybe the 1:1 was not exclusive/expensive enough for someone like CMC. That’s a shame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m surprised no one has made a mega high end 1:18 version of the Citroen. Despite being very innovative from an engineering perspective, maybe the 1:1 was not exclusive/expensive enough for someone like CMC. That’s a shame.
What do you mean by mega high end? I'm kind of new here, I don't know all the terminology.
Either way, it sounds like it would be well above my price range but really should exist...

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
What do you mean by mega high end? I'm kind of new here, I don't know all the terminology.
Either way, it sounds like it would be well above my price range but really should exist...
Apologies, mate; I should have been clearer, but you got it in one. It’s a shame that a manufacturer known for exceptionally detailed diecasts (like CMC, which are beautiful with a price tag to match), hasn’t made that Citroen. We can hope :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts