Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
33,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Vertebrate Rectangle Grass Font

Hi all,

Welcome to the Nominations thread for AUGUST 2021's POTM - Nominations will close on SUNDAY the 12th SEPTEMBER, UK evening time, and Voting will start soon after. I am giving extra time to make a nomination so that (hopefully) more members take part in the contest. The rules will remain the same though.

So, on to the rules,

• Must be a first-time post on DX in AUGUST 2021.
  • Must have a scale model or scale models.
- All photos must have a link to the original thread & you must now say who posted it. If it's your picture, say 'from my thread' If it's from another thread say whose it is (it's just easier for me when I do the Voting thread)
- Each member can only have one photo nominated
- this also means each member only has one go.

FOR EXAMPLE,

Each member can only nominate a single photo. So, say I nominate one of drivinghermad's, that means he can't nominate one of his own, he has to pick someone else's to nominate. As one of his has been chosen, no one else can chose another of his.

- 1024x768, 250kB maximum sizes - to be honest though, any photo posted in AUGUST can be nominated (this relates to the size restriction, which I'm waiving)
- First 18 eligible photos only.

GUYS - PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF MY REQUEST IN RED ABOVE TO SAY WHERE THE PICTURE COMES FROM, IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE NOMINATION. IT TAKES ME A LONG TIME TO MAKE THE VOTING THREAD SO THIS HELPS ME A LOT.

- IF YOU JUST SAY 'MY PIC' AND NOTHING ELSE. I WON'T COUNT IT. YOU MUST SAY, MY PICTURE FROM MY THREAD HERE & GIVE THE LINK. OR SAY 'MEMBER NAME' PICTURE FROM THEIR THREAD HERE & GIVE THE LINK.

I HAVE TO BE STRICT AS IT DOESN'T JUST TAKE ME A FEW MINUTES TO CREATE THE CONTEST.
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES, I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR NOMINATION.

THANK YOU.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi all,
Here is my entry this month:
Alfa Romeo 4c by Tamás Jánosi, on Flickr
From my own thread from here:
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I would like to nominate my own picture from this Supra A90 thread:

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

·
Administrator
33,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to nominate a picture from Auto18 from here, Alfa 155 V6 Touring Car

The picture says that it was posted a month ago, so that means it's within the rules.

·
Administrator
33,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, let's see how the nominations go. You may be in with a chance.. that's not a free for all for everyone to do the same, but I'll see how things go.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Well it's even worse I'm afraid - I seemed to remember and just checked my suspect:
This very picture has already been part of POTM Feb 2020. :sick:
(Didn't get much votes BTW.)

Last month I did have a couple of pictures of the 935 Apple Computers:
But as there was not a single comment I don't think it would be worth nominating one of them...

·
Administrator
33,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sadly, I didn't see the thread. If I had I'd have commented.. actually i will do that now. Yeah, by all means nominate one from there, I like the pics!

·
Administrator
33,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only six entries so far this month!! :confused: I have ran the nominations for longer than usual as I hoped more nominations would be made. There's in only one day left now. If you do make a nomination, please be sure that it meets the rules.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
33,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, that bit annoys me too! I will accept the picture though.

Reactions: cwbs
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.