I'm just curious: When is channabasanna's 2022 photo of the year going to appear as the new banner on the DX home page?View attachment 290408
Welcome to the nominations round for FEBRUARY 2023'S POTM CONTEST!!
Nominations will close on FRIDAY 10TH MARCH, UK EVENING TIME, and Voting will start soon after.
ONE EXTRA THING.. I KNOW WHAT MOST CARS ARE, BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD ALL SAY WHEN YOU NOMINATE THE PICTURE. YOU MUST DO THIS!!!!
So, on to the rules for this month,
Like previous months contests, there is huge twist to the nominations!
This sounds more complicated than it is, so please read carefully!!!
This time each member gets THREE nominations; you can nominate your own picture and two from other members (or your own and two from the same other member) or two of your own pictures and one from another member.
You must say whose pictures they are. If it’s one of your own, say ‘from my thread’ for the other members picture, say 'from drivinghermads’ thread (I have used Darren as an example)
You may not nominate three of your own.
You may not nominate three from other members.
You do not have to nominate three pictures, you may nominate just one or two. They can be your own, or from someone else.
Different pictures from the same thread may be nominated.
More than one thread can be nominated from a member. For example if drivinghermad nominates his Nissan Micra and a Ferrari picture from one of his threads, I can nominate his VW Polo picture from one of his other threads.
I will take the first 20 nominations and if we get there before the end date I will start the voting contest early.
Apart from that everything else remains the same.
- All photos must have a link to the original thread & you must now say who posted it. If it's your picture, say 'from my thread' If it's from another thread say whose it is (it's just easier for me when I do the Voting thread)
- Must be a first-time post on DX in FEBRUARY 2023, but I will allow photos posted in the 'POST ON RANDOM PIC PER DAY THREAD' PROVIDING IT IS SHOWN AGAIN IN FEBRUARY - TO SEE WHEN A PICTURE WAS POSTED, HOVER OVER WHERE IT SAY POST X DAYS AGO AND THE DATE WILL SHOW.
- DO NOT POST A PICTURE FROM MARCH.
- Must have a scale model or scale models.
- 1024x768, 250kB maximum sizes - to be honest though, any photo posted in FEBRUARY can be nominated (this relates to the size restriction, which I'm waiving)
GUYS - I REALLY WANT TO BOOST THE CONTEST, SO PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF MY REQUEST IN RED ABOVE TO SAY WHERE THE PICTURE COMES FROM, IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE NOMINATION. IT TAKES ME A LONG TIME TO MAKE THE VOTING THREAD SO THIS HELPS ME A LOT.
- IF YOU JUST SAY 'MY PIC' AND NOTHING ELSE. I WON'T COUNT IT. YOU MUST SAY, MY PICTURE FROM MY THREAD HERE & GIVE THE LINK. OR SAY 'MEMBER NAME' PICTURE FROM THEIR THREAD HERE & GIVE THE LINK.
I HAVE TO BE STRICT AS IT DOESN'T JUST TAKE ME A FEW MINUTES TO CREATE THE CONTEST.
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES, I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR NOMINATION. I APPRECIATE THAT I HAVE SWITCHED THEM UP THIS MONTH SO PLEASE READ THE RULES THROUGH THOROUGHLY.
View attachment 290409