DiecastXchange Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nominations for JANUARY 2023 Photo of the Month - A CONTINUED TWIST TO THE RULES!!!

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Craig 
#1 ·
Plant Rectangle Font Art Magenta

Hi all,

Voting for the picture of the year 2022 is now over and I am now starting the Nominations round for JANUARY 2023'S POTM CONTEST!!

Nominations will close on TUESDAY 14TH FEBRUARY, UK AM / MORNING TIME, and Voting will start soon after.

ONE EXTRA THING.. I KNOW WHAT MOST CARS ARE, BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD ALL SAY WHEN YOU NOMINATE THE PICTURE. YOU MUST DO THIS!!!!

So, on to the rules for this month,

Like previous months contests, there is huge twist to the nominations!

This sounds more complicated than it is, so please read carefully!!!

This time each member gets THREE nominations; you can nominate your own picture and two from other members (or your own and two from the same other member) or two of your own pictures and one from another member.

You must say whose pictures they are. If it’s one of your own, say ‘from my thread’ for the other members picture, say 'from drivinghermads’ thread (I have used Darren as an example)

You may not nominate three of your own.
You may not nominate three from other members.
You do not have to nominate three pictures, you may nominate just one or two. They can be your own, or from someone else.

Different pictures from the same thread may be nominated.
More than one thread can be nominated from a member. For example if drivinghermad nominates his Nissan Micra and a Ferrari picture from one of his threads, I can nominate his VW Polo picture from one of his other threads.

I will take the first 20 nominations and if we get there before the end date I will start the voting contest early.

Apart from that everything else remains the same.

• Must be a first-time post on DX in JANUARY 2023, but I will allow photos posted in the 'POST ON RANDOM PIC PER DAY THREAD' PROVIDING IT IS SHOWN AGAIN IN JANUARY - TO SEE WHEN A PICTURE WAS POSTED, HOVER OVER WHERE IT SAY POST X DAYS AGO AND THE DATE WILL SHOW.
  • DO NOT POST A PICTURE FROM FEBRUARY.
  • Must have a scale model or scale models.
- All photos must have a link to the original thread & you must now say who posted it. If it's your picture, say 'from my thread' If it's from another thread say whose it is (it's just easier for me when I do the Voting thread)

- 1024x768, 250kB maximum sizes - to be honest though, any photo posted in JANUARY can be nominated (this relates to the size restriction, which I'm waiving)

GUYS - I REALLY WANT TO BOOST THE CONTEST, SO PLEASE TAKE NOTICE OF MY REQUEST IN RED ABOVE TO SAY WHERE THE PICTURE COMES FROM, IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE NOMINATION. IT TAKES ME A LONG TIME TO MAKE THE VOTING THREAD SO THIS HELPS ME A LOT.

- IF YOU JUST SAY 'MY PIC' AND NOTHING ELSE. I WON'T COUNT IT. YOU MUST SAY, MY PICTURE FROM MY THREAD HERE & GIVE THE LINK. OR SAY 'MEMBER NAME' PICTURE FROM THEIR THREAD HERE & GIVE THE LINK.

I HAVE TO BE STRICT AS IT DOESN'T JUST TAKE ME A FEW MINUTES TO CREATE THE CONTEST.
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES, I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR NOMINATION. I APPRECIATE THAT I HAVE SWITCHED THEM UP THIS MONTH SO PLEASE READ THE RULES THROUGH THOROUGHLY.

THANK YOU.

Plant Rectangle Font Art Magenta

See less See more
#2 ·
@vulpex and their photo of the AMG GTS

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

#3 ·
#4 ·
@mihals and their photo of the Lexus LFA

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

#5 ·
1) @ASpaans photo (help with the model name here) from

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

2) @preisman photo (help with the model name here) from
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

3. My photo (CMC Maserati 300s) from

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

#9 ·
1) @ASpaans photo (help with the model name here) from

View attachment 289045

2) @preisman photo (help with the model name here) from

3. My photo (CMC Maserati 300s) from
Thanks @Marios for the nomination! It is a Bugatti T35 from CMC Nations Colour Project (#34 Team USA).

What a great pictures again by the way in this contest.

#6 ·
@Mike K and their TVR Griffith

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

• Love
Reactions: mihals and Mike K
#7 ·
So I would like to nominate the following for January POTM:

(1) My own thread "300 CE with AMG Wheels"

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

(2) My own thread "GT Spirit Corvette C8"

Untitled by tanayast, on Flickr

(3) DND Land Thread "Lincoln Zephyr":

#8 ·
#12 ·
Hi all,

I will keep this round open till Thursday evening UK time. So please do nominate if you haven't already.

#14 ·
I nominate this amazing shot of a B-17 airplane model by William (@colourkin22):

From his thread:

#15 ·
Hi all, we have sixteen pictures so far, so I will keep this open for a day in the hope that we reach the magic number of 20, so it will now close tomorrow evening UK time.

Please do nominate if you haven't done so already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.