DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Norev VW MK7 GTI -

Well I finally decided to get a few more VW's in my collection and recently added the Norev MK7 VW GTI to my stable. It was the red version and while I dug it, I've always been a sucker for black VW GTIs. The build is fairly straight forward and I did all of my usual mods (lowered, carpeting added, fabric/P.E seatbelt setup, and some touching up of interior trim with paint. Outside, I went with a Pearl Black instead of solid black….as I have a friend that owns a MK6 GTI and it just looks awesome. The funny thing is, when I bought my Gen2 Mazdaspeed3 in 2009 (was the new 2010 model), the dealership I bought it from was also a VW dealership; I had driven a 2010 GTI back to back with the MS3 and was VERY close to picking the VW. The Mazda won out though, simply because it was just a LOT more fun to drive! Anyhow, plenty of pics below of the build…ENJOY!

New Paint and Stance

All "flocked" up…LOL

All "flocked" up…LOL

Panoramic Sunroof is now functional!

New Polished Alum. Exhaust tips -I have new front and read GTI badges coming…..damaged the rear one getting it off and the front one appeared to have fallen off during take apart ;-(

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
As a black GTi mk4 owner, you did a great job and you had a great idea. I was thinking that Norev has made all Golf GTi's except the mk4. (revell did it). I hope they do the mk4 too some time!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a black GTi mk4 owner, you did a great job and you had a great idea. I was thinking that Norev has made all Golf GTi's except the mk4. (revell did it). I hope they do the mk4 too some time!
Thanks man. I want to get all the others...especially since they already come in black (2, 3, 5 , & 6).......would be great if a better version of the MK4 were released. Had the 2 and 3 ordered but never arrived....FEDEx claimed they were delivered but either someone knicked them off my porch or the driver lied. Either way....not a happy camper and neither the seller or FEDex will do a thing about it. both are getting tough to find and I refuse to purchase from the same place again because of the issue (dont consider it to be their fault...but their complete lack of compassion and snarky attitude about the whole incident has lost them a customer for sure....and i'd been a loyal customer for years).

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job on the sunroof that is one of my favorite features on my Mk7, but the revmatching sport mode takes the cake, talk about fun!
Thanks Josh. takes about 15 minutes to score out the sunroof with the backside of a new exacto blade (and steady hand). Once its cut out, just have to clean up the edges slightly and buff the plastic out on those new surfaces. Lastly a super thin piece of clear plastic gets mounted (longer on each edge of the panel) and it then slips underneath the stationary "sides" and can slide freely.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Excellent work once again, Jase! The Passat Wagon I owned was Deep Black Pearl, so I am partial to that color as well. My wagon was a 2.0T with the DSG, and it was fun to drive although it had more weight and bulk to push around than a GTI. I have the red MK VII model and I love it, but I guess I will leave mine as-is since I lack your mad modifying skills. You did a great job with the sunroof as well, which makes the car even more realistic. Very cool!

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
Thanks for the quick walk through, but I do not even own the model. Kind of redundit when you own the real car.
Plus me and an exacto knife for 15 minutes sounds pretty risky LOL

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the quick walk through, but I do not even own the model. Kind of redundit when you own the real car.
Plus me and an exacto knife for 15 minutes sounds pretty risky LOL
very true.....but I love it when i can get a "mini" version of whatever i drive. I have a 1/43 scale version of my 2010 mazdaspeed3 and even did it up just like the real one....I'm a dork! As for the exacto comment....trust me, I've had PLENTY of past "chop chop" incidents....more cuts and some pretty nasty than I care to recall

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
I hear you, I am not known for my steady hand! LOL, there is nothing dorky about making a model of your ride. That is cool. I can only tackle the themes I am commited to, and hot hatches aint one of them.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent work Jase! Of the hot hatch array the GTI and *cough ford* ST are my two favs by far. Thanks for showing the build!!!
No problem.....always loved GTI's and the Focus ST has grown on me over time. The Focus RS looks pretty sweet though and I REALLY dig the Audi RS3 hatch! For me though, the ultimate VW is the Golf R. All were well over what I could spend and because but I've been a mazda guy most of my life, when the 2nd generation Mazdaspeed 3 came out, I couldnt resist. The performance per dollar was just too good to pass up! She's nearly 7 years old now but still just as much fun to drive today as she was the day i took her out of the showroom! Also love the hauling capabilities....and great for roadtrips having all that extra space. I toyed with the idea of selling it and buying some sort of convertible....but it's looking like mazda wont be doing a 3rd version of the Speed3 anytime soon, so I've decided t keep her indefinitely....and save up my pennies to buy a yet unknown version of the 997 era Porsche 911....been told I have to get through grad school before that'll happen though. Right now I'm about a year to go for my BA before I can even get into a grad school....LOL...so its a ways off!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.