DiecastXchange Forum banner

Not to keen on CC models now

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  RHD 
#1 ·
hey guys... Opened my 1:18 build no 77 of 1200 SS Ute today for a picture of its engine with the little opening stick you get with it and lifted it buy the front lip of the bonnet. Half way up i noticed the bonnet was loose and looked under to see why. The left bonnet arm has crumbled write through and hence is busted off I don't know what to do. This was in no way forced open or anything like that and i was shocked to see this happen especially as its a CC model. I'm really upset about this as this SS was one of my 2 CC cars i have and very dear to my collection. What can I do?... there are no more SS utes left in 1:18 here at any shop , Im so dissapointed, i wish maybe it was an Autoart model cause they would send me a replacement bonnet or give me another car through the retailer i bought it off of in the first place. How does one replace something like this being there are none left around?

Cant believe a $165+ car would have this kind of defect in its metal structure :ranting :ranting :ranting

heres two pics of what im talking about :sigh:

See less See more
#3 ·
Domin8,
I feel your pain!! What a delema!! I would contact CC directly! Went them the
pictures. They should be able to do something for you!
And if not tell then use some of your leverage by telling them that you will posting
thier responce on a highly repsected and largely inhabited diecast forum (Here of
course) and as many other forums and media that you can find. Scale Modeling,
Diecast Collector, Die Cast Digest, Diecast IIIustrated, Toy Car Collector Magazine
and whatever else you can find. I doubt it will come to that, but have it in your
back pocket in case you need it. They should know that there product is not up
to spec/substandard. You never know they maybe be very grateful for you bringing
this problem to their attention! Good luck with this and I hope that my advice has
help in some way!! Keep :cool1 and :happytwo !

#4 ·
Thanks for the ideas and replies guys.. im still really feeling awfull about this and have been told by someone on the CC's website that its the retailers problem not CC's, as the retailers where the ones who owned them before i bought it off of them. I doubt the Manufacturer Classic Carlectables will do anything about it. These Utes a very hard to find and there are none around me at all anymore, being that there was only 1200 made worldwide :(. Was a very limited edtion model :ranting :crying

#11 ·
Thanks for the input and ideas guys :). I took the model back to where i bought it from and luckily got a full refund. The guy who served me was pretty rude and was saying to me that the model i brought back to him was not the one they sold me, i mean cmon how rude is that!. He reckons theres little differences on the model that the one they had didnt have before. What a load of crap i thought to myself, i mean it was the last one i got form them and i had the reciept to show them too. Anyways with the money i got The New Utester in 1:18 and will have pics up very soon, well soon as a figure out how to attach images here :). The Utester looks heaps better than the SS Ute and has alot more opening parts and detail, im very happy with this new model.

G
#13 ·
Glad you resolved the situation D8 .
Sounds like another retailer trying anything he can to avoid a potential loss on that damaged / faulty model .
Not the ideal attitude to have if he wants future business from you .

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Max Power said:
Congrats on getting this resolved :cheers
I hope you didn't spend you refund at the same store.
What a butthead that guy was!
Lol butthead is right!!,lol, the guy who said it to me said "I'm a collector too so i should know that this is not the car we sold to you before", Man i just had to laugh down my throat!,ahha :giggle he has bout as much knowledge on model cars as a 5 year old,lol

#18 ·
CC's were good about this actually, the CC rep said i had to send the whole model to them in South Australia and they would replace the hood for nothing, I just couldnt send my exp models anywhere, i like to take them there personally or swap them over for another model hence why i got refunded and bought the Utester from my local Gamesworld.

G
#21 ·
Domin8 said:
CC's were good about this actually, the CC rep said i had to send the whole model to them in South Australia and they would replace the hood for nothing, I just couldnt send my exp models anywhere, i like to take them there personally or swap them over for another model hence why i got refunded and bought the Utester from my local Gamesworld.
sounds ok,
would they pay postage as well if u sent the ute 2 em?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.