DiecastXchange Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
G

·
This will be probably the first and only Pontiac in my collection. I am not a fan of the car, but Knight Rider was one of my favorite shows when I was little.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
OH YEAH!!! Batpod ... KITT ... ECTO-1A ...

Can't wait to see pictures of the final product!!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Didn't they just launch the Ghostbusters car already?? And K.I.T.T. will be a nice add for sure. Also, The ERTL is supposed to be decent too I hear..

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I just hope that Hot Wheels version of KITT will have a working scanner like ERTL had ...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just hope that Hot Wheels version of KITT will have a working scanner like ERTL had ...

As long as it is correct and not incorrect like the Ertl one. It should sweep back and forth continuously, not flash when it cycles. I'd be very surprised if Hot Wheels had the functional scanner, although that may explain the higher price. If they do the scanner, why stop there? Sound effects and voice too FTW! Lol.

·
Shane Justshane
61 Posts
Does anyone have additional photos or info for the Back to the Future display shown in this photo (on the right side of the KITT display)?
It's a 1/43rd, no pics yet though.
[/quote]

Thanks, I guess if there were a 1:18 "proto-tool" we would have seen photos of it by now.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts

As long as it is correct and not incorrect like the Ertl one. It should sweep back and forth continuously, not flash when it cycles. I'd be very surprised if Hot Wheels had the functional scanner, although that may explain the higher price. If they do the scanner, why stop there? Sound effects and voice too FTW! Lol.
[/quote]

THAT WOULD BE SO COOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Is that a 1:18 bat-pod???

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A couple more pics of KITT, this time showing a better view the front end. I'm liking this front end a lot better!

·
Registered
585 Posts
A couple more pics of KITT, this time showing a better view the front end. I'm liking this front end a lot better!
SWEET SWEET SWEEEEEEEEET!!!
Now let's hope there's nothing to complain about this rendition of KITT! Not only that, Hot Wheels ought to scrape up KARR (KITT's evil twin for those who don't know) in 2 different forms: one completely black with yellow scanner, (NOT orange) YELLOW! And KARR with 2-tone paint with said YELLOW SCANNER WITH NO HINT OF ORANGE IN IT! It would also be sweet if the bowling-ball hubcaps on KITT are more accurate and presentable. Not to mention having the Pontiac arrowhead logo in the center of each would be a bonus. Yes, I know that in Knight Rider the arrowhead was painted over in black to avoid Pontiac infringements. But now that Pontiac is belly-up
, I should think that putting the Pontiac logo on KITT's hubcaps shouldn't be a problem. Just like the 1982 Recaro Trans Am.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.