1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
45" wingspan! and 36" in length! :eek:mg :eek:mg Just to give an idea of how big this thing will be:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I'm SOOOOOO glad I haven't slipped down that slippery slope...yet!

Sean

G

·
you sure gone an dun it now Al :dizzy

Gary was becoming a lost cause!.....................now there is no hope whatsoever.
Have you no heart :lol

G

·
Oh crap ....thanks Al :lol

It looks very good , and very big but to be honest , after the F16 and possibly the F4 arrive I think my hangar space will be fully allocated :giggle

It does look stunning though :cheers

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
My Boss used to fly B-52's, think there will be an 1/18 scale version out before Christmas?

Specifications

Primary Function: Heavy bomber

Contractor: Boeing Military Airplane Co.

Power Plant: Eight Pratt & Whitney engines TF33-P-3/103 turbofan

Thrust: Each engine up to 17,000 pounds (7,650 kilograms)

Length: 159 feet, 4 inches (48.5 meters)

Height: 40 feet, 8 inches (12.4 meters)

Wingspan: 185 feet (56.4 meters)

Based on this, it would be just a little over ten feet wide, and about nine feet long! At that, it would barely fit in a standard US suburban three bedroom house back bedroom (which typically measure ten by ten). :giggle

:cheers

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Well then make a letterbox out of it :giggle

Nice, but my little corgi spitfire that Felix suprized me with will be as big as I go, unless I see a bigger spitfire that looks the goods.

:cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I can imagine he has lots of scary stories to tell from his missions. I still recall reading books about B-17 crews and the guy in the ball turret definitely had the most vulnerable position in the whole plane and certainly the scariest view. Imagine flak exploding all around you and hoping nothing would hit you. :dizzy

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
My Dad was a avionics maintenance troop while he was in the Air Force. He worked on the B-52H models specifically. It was great growing up these great big birds in the sky!!!

The BUFF in 1/18 would be impressive to say the least!!!

Sean

G

·
You'd need a bigger front door to get that in your house. :lol

Who are all these 1:18 plane's made by? 'm actually thinking of buying one. :dizzy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.