DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here's the situation,

I was taking my 40th anniversary murcielago out of the box and was unscrewing the screws when all of a sudden my finger accidentally snagged on the silver "Lamborghini" script on the back of the car. As a result, I ripped part of the sticker!!! (the "ghin" part to be exact) :cry
I'm so pee'd off right now! :ranting Is there anything I can do? Should I talk to Autoart and ask for a replacement sticker? How's their customer service? And do I need to provide proof of the damage (photos etc.)?
Plz! Someone help!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, the thing is that I LOST the "ghin" part!!
I don't know where it went....I tried looking for it but I had no success. :pullhair :cry

G

·
I know what you mean, I did the same thing with my Murc Barchetta when polishing it up. It just came right off with the polish.

They should have made that logo a tampo instead of the paper mache they used on it.

Unfortunately, I don't think glue will help in this case as it is just too thin for any type of adhesive.

G

·
the best way to fix this is purchase a 1/18th sacle plastic kit just for the decals and apply that in its place. i did it with another model i repainted along time ago. i had a burago testarossa that i painted 3 times and usedleft over decals to make it nicer.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I tried retracing my steps, it's definitely not on the model. I actually think it fell on the carpet (which will be impossible to find because my carpet is kinda sparkly)somewhere and since it's almost midnight over here.....it's gonna be even harder to find.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:goodpost and :iagree

I think this is your best bet, or have a look at the decal makers links here to see if you can order some for the lambo.

I have heard of AUTOart sending out replacement parts for their cars (aerials etc) but I don't know how you'd go with a decal.

Best of luck with it though and please keep us informed of your experience with AUTOart. It'd be good to know how they respond after the recent Exoto experiences.

Mark

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
wow, that really sucks! :pullhair

I can't believe AUTOart would use decals, after all this time. And the AUTOart 40th costs so much too! (my store is asking 190 for it!)

·
Registered
852 Posts
E-mail AutoArt and ask for a "spare part".
Just write full description of the model (number, name, scale, color) and say what you need..
Hope they will find some decals for you..
Good Luck :cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys for all the feedback and advice!
:cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I think I'm going to do this first, if it doesn't work out then I'll have a chat with cobalt (thanks again buddy!). :wink

G

·
Oh man! I'm sorry to hear. :scared

Believe me, I know how you feel (experiencing something similar right now with one of my models).

I agree with Alon. Contact AUTOart first before going other route. Good luck! :cheers

BTW, thumbs up to Eddie for his generosity. :nicejob

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Best thing to do I think is to contact AUTOart...Their customer service works great...I had once lost the Maybach symbol that's placed on the hood of my maybach 62...contacted AUTOart and told them what happened got a mail back saying they were going to send a replacement...no charges at all...received 5 maybach symbols a few days later...Thank you AUTOart !!! :danbana :danbana :danbana

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.