DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i called into Parcel Force this morning on the way to work.they left a card at home yesterday saying they tried to deliver a parcel and there was £36.19 customs duty to pay :ranting
anyway i duly paid up and they handed over the parcel.
it was what i had been waiting for after an e-mail last weds to say it was on it's
way.
it is the CMC Maserati 250F.
upon opening the box to reveal the styrofoam carton containing the car i could hardly wait.
then i saw it......................oh Wow :tongue :yahoo :310
the detail is as described by others who already have this outstanding piece of diecast art.
no one can doubt the awesome detail of the Exoto 1/18th Sauber C9,this could almost superseed it...in my humble opinion.
it is sat on my desk at work, but not for long it will be lovingly re-boxed studied in depth and put in display case over the next few days. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am sorry to hear about that stevie. Gary and I passed from that aswell in our last purchase :ranting Anyway, the final deal is still sweeter than if we got it from the EU. So I guess its allright. How did it work out for you?

Congrats on bagging the 250F. Very sweet car. Did some collegues come to see? I was very tempted to say the least, and anyway, I am still :tempted :giggle

I really wish to see your collection one day, you must have one of the sweetest ones :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes still cheaper than EU price Bern....but with the duty i had to pay not as much saved as i was hoping....ah well that's life.
staff of mine are mainly women....so not much interest in car there :giggle
Bern, i can't recommend this car enough....buy it mate :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
We are going to hold you to your word and make sure you don't buy anymore diecast this year and FORCE you to buy a camera! :giggle

Congrats on adding the new red one :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes I understand you, such unwelcome surprises are really a pain. At least, the model is flawless.

I'll wait till I see at what price is this going to be availible in Malta, and I need to see it beforehand... but CMC are doing a Ferrari.... thats where my heart will probably go.... :giggle

P.s. Hope you stay strong and buy a Digicam!

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
congrats Stevie! This model looks amazing from the pics I've seen! :cheers

That sucks about Customs though... it's the same here and you're lucky they haven't blacklisted you (like they have for me)... :cry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts