Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you like openning parts on models?
Yes2379.31%
Doesn't bother me26.90%
I don't mind but would rather have openning parts413.79%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I nearly got a Bently Speed 12, until I discovered it had AUTOart's 'sealed body shell' I think this is a step back! I won't be buying any models with no openning parts as I think it makes them quite toy-like. I also think more opennings mean more detail and higher production costs so you get your moneys worth! :feedback

·
Registered
923 Posts
I almost insist on opening parts in a model. I can live with a sealed trunk but the doors and the hood have to open for me. As much as I like the real cars in AUTOart's Motorsport Division, the lack of opening parts (meaning the lack of engine detail) completely puts me off buying them.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
This is a pretty populaar topic around here :lol

My feelings are that I will never buy a higher priced sealed model.
Its ok on a low end brand but never on an AUTOart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Gotta be opened. I hate sealed models - cheap or not. :ranting

My motto is - OPEN OR DIE.

The only "sealed" I like is a hole in the boat. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Bentley Speed 8 because it was a Lemans winner - (an actual theme in my collection :scared ), but I generally dislike sealed models. OTOH that :WTF Calsonic is looking better and better all the time :lol . I guess my overall objection is the fact that they cost as much as or more than regular opening models. :ranting

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
castrol_supra_gt said:
I almost insist on opening parts in a model. I can live with a sealed trunk but the doors and the hood have to open for me. As much as I like the real cars in AUTOart's Motorsport Division, the lack of opening parts (meaning the lack of engine detail) completely puts me off buying them.
Right on!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't mind sealed models at all as long as the visible (from the outside) detail is there. The thing with the AUTOart sealed Bentley's and Skylines is that they're still better detailed than many other models out there. Personally, I hardly ever look at the engine or open the doors to look inside on any of my models. :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LUW said:
castrol_supra_gt said:
Right on!
:iagree

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I do like my models to have opening parts, but I do occasionally get non-opening models if I feel there are no alternatives available. The 2003 Bentley is a good example as for now it seems it will only be released as a sealed model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts