DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Okay, I am certain that I am going to be buying a Hwy 61 '64 Riviera in the near future, but am finding myself a bit torn on which color to get. They have three:

Regal Black
Coral Mist
Silver Cloud Mist

Black is not in the running for me, so it is between the latter two:

Coral Mist - This color really seems to signify the 60s to me!

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Silver Cloud Mist - This color looks terrific, but most importantly, I love the interior color!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Photos courtesy of DiecastFast.com

I think I am leaning towards the sliver, but wanted to get your thoughts on this?

:feedback

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm on the fence with this one myself. I prefer the Coral Mist, as I think it will stand out from all the black and silver models I have, plus I think it's a cool "period" color. But, I don't like black interiors as they seem to hide all the details, which swings me around to the Silver color. I'm leaning more to Coral Mist though.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Lloyd, your thinking and mine are exactly the same. I really like the period color, but that black interior vs. the lighter one is what is making the decision tougher.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I like the Coral Mist, but I'd go with the silver as well. When I was going to high school one of the teachers had a silver one and it looked sooo good.

G

·
My vote is for silver...though I personally will probabaly get black, since its such a classy design!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'd go with the Coral Mist; its an attactive color that will set this model apart from others and I think the silver makes the car look too "fomal", almost like a Cadillac.
The Riviera was one of the first "personal luxery" cars and was targeted at a much younger age group than Cadillac and I thik the Coral Mist better reflects the intended personality of the car. :cheers

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:lol

Well, you had to do it, didn't you! You went and took the argument I have been using on myself and used it as well. :giggle I too was thinking about the color setting it apart from my other models. My new 4-4-2 is silver, for example, and I was trying to picutre how they would look sitting next to each other.

Good observation too about the target audience of the car. :cheers

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I would go with the silver, but the 1:1 is stunning in black! :tempted
Back in the '80s there was a fenced in lot, near my parent's house, that had about 25-30 of these Rivieras in all stages of disrepair. I once stopped by, and was quickly told that they were not for sale. I drove by a few months ago, and they are still there but are all covered in weeds and now the chain-link fence has been replaced with a privacy fence.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Both look great but I think I'd go for the Red one, it really looks excellent.

I think I will probably get a black one though as any magazine articles I've read about Riveras always seem to feature a black one and I think it's the colour that suits it best! :cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.