DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks VR. Silver seems like a natural choice, but I have so many silver cars...Anyone have the blue or red?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I don't know, but silver, though a color that I think suits that car fine, is kind of "predictable" for the SLR. I would go for the red one.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Get BLACK. I have the black one (no pics yet) and it's gorgeous! :tongue There's no issue of the metallic flakes being too large because the black is not metallic (I think people who complain about that have the Anthracite. :confused) The red seats are a perfect contrast, too. It IS the German Batmobile. Very striking. :mine Plus, LUW is right - silver IS a little predictable for it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw a blue one briefly in person, didn't look to bad at all. Although now that someone mentioned the oversized metal flakes, I think that's true, but not any more than you see on some mid/low range stuff! I'd probably look good next to the Hot Wheels Quatroportte (sp?)

Wheels looked GREAT to me!!

G

·
RichardM - some comon problems with the SLR are:

1.Door hinges breaking.
2.Poor fitting of the three pointed star in the grill
3.Poor hood/bonnet alignment.

It is delicate, so if you get one treat it with care and you should be OK. Personally, i've had no quality issues.

:cheers

G

·
Richard I would go with the black. I have both the red and black in 1/18 and the silver in 1/12 and in my opinion the black is the best choice. Are you getting a good price for it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.