DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I'am asking my self... Why the hell they do those models in so bad quality :/
I mean.. Glue on body and that stuff... I'ts so sad that happen.. I will skip this as I skip S2...

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Yes, the S3 will be a nice one (I'd like them to make a MkIV Golf R32 too). Otto is working on the Audi 200 Turbo Quattro too.

I mean.. Glue on body and that stuff... I'ts so sad that happen.. I will skip this as I skip S2...
I have 6 Otto models and none has any glue residue, or any other major flaws. They do however have some small issues, but at 39 Euro and with a unique lineup that no diecast manufacturer is offering I am not too picky.

BTW, the E39 M5 is coming next year - Otto is definitely rocking!

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
Otto does have a unique and obscure lineup - that's for sure. However, I've never been impressed with their overall execution regarding the quality. Their models look like toys. Too bad, because it would sure be nice if their offerings were a bit more upscale - if so, I would consider making a purchase.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I will buy it for sure, well done to Otto, because these models will be unique some years later. Ok i would like opening parts too, with engine details etc, but i am happy with the resins too. I hope they will produce a blu S3 too. I want to make my mechanics S3 replica. Its this one:

G

·
Why, the an answer is easy, they produce models the big boys won`t do to mass appeal. I do agree, Otto has some growing pains with the quality department, but I will continue to purchase model for their choice of specimens and affordable price point.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I may have to buy some Ottos at some point. The subject matter is right up my alley, so to speak.

Just think, a lot of us have been waiting for years to see a 1/18 E39 M5. I'll definitely grab one of those!

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts
For the price direct from them they are well worth the money. I'd not give £70 or more on ebay for one though, especially if it were a release that I could have just pre-ordered a few weeks beforehand.

Also thier Espace F1 release will be 59 EUR, but I guess it costs more as the overall vehicle is bigger.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Yeah.. I give 39€ for model..

All my preordered models have glue on body.. Some more some less :/

But for RS2 Avant and M5 E39 .. I will buy 4 each.. My favorite cars :)

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts
I've never had glue on my purchases from them, I've seen a lot that aren't 'perfect' though, when I wanted the Clio rally car driven by Jean Ragnotti I was shown four by ebay sellers that all had bits wrong (model is sold out & hard to get) some had scraped decals, one had a popped out window. I held out for one that I could just display without messing around with.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
BTW, the E39 M5 is coming next year - Otto is definitely rocking!
Wow, really!? I expected Otto would make the M5 E39, my favorite sedan ever, such great news! Do you know what colors?

And BTW, OttO's do not look like toys and are very nice models. My Venturi has no glue marks.
[/quote]

Yep! It was actually confirmed by Otto on a different forum, however there was no mention on the color availability. But after all these years of waiting for the E39, I won't be too picky

If Otto will ever offer opening parts on their 1/18s, they could become an instant favorite for many collectors around the globe. They actually listen to what collectors want and while AUTOart takes their time with ultra popular models like the Honda City Turbo, Otto is working on models that some of us wanted for years.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If Otto will ever offer opening parts on their 1/18s, they could become an instant favorite for many collectors around the globe. They actually listen to what collectors want and while AUTOart takes their time with ultra popular models like the Honda City Turbo, Otto is working on models that some of us wanted for years.
Amen :DDDD

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
No kidding about AUTOart. It's beyond me why they've never made the E39 M5 or some of the VWs and Audis Otto has made. Oh well, I guess I'll just get the Ottos instead.

G

·
No kidding about AUTOart. It's beyond me why they've never made the E39 M5 or some of the VWs and Audis Otto has made. Oh well, I guess I'll just get the Ottos instead.
I scratch my head too, there is so much international appeal on a lot of Volkswagen models that I believe did would sell, and sell well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts