DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Well, I've learned one thing ordering ANYTHING online....if possible, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS call ahead RIGHT before you place your order that way there's no confusion of "IF" or "Possibly". I must be the only one that's never had a problem ordering from them and I've ordered all over the Eastern portion of the U.S. Personally...I like them. Even the times I thought there was a problem on their end, I called the customer service line explained the problem and they, right then and their pulled up a UPS tracking number and told me where it was. I hate that anyone one of you has a problem with them, but maybe you haven't played the ordering game defensively and exhausted all your resources? :confused Hopefully my friendly advice helps everyone in the future.

·
John
586 Posts
Its a risk people take.

If your thinking about strangling someone. I know some people that know some people that kill people if you want there phone # j/k :lol

Seriously its sad to hear bad service from online stores, I don't think I really had problems with exoticar, I did have problems with other online stores so in that case it just ruins it for everyone because I really hesitate when theres something online I want. I 90% usually past it up.

And sometimes I wonder if stores owners know they are losing loyal customers. People do learn how to move on to better things and better service. And in time things do go bankrupt or out of bussiness.

Just imagine a company that comes out that makes all ferrari models and every other model that was not made, also best quality, best service, best deals. Always on stock! But that will never happen. :crying

G

·
I ordered a Bburago VW Touareg on November 25th and just recieved it last month.I had to keep calling them and if i didnt i would have never recieved my truck.Call them and keep bugging them.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
oldsalerogls1 said:
I ordered a Bburago VW Touareg on November 25th and just recieved it last month.I had to keep calling them and if i didnt i would have never recieved my truck.Call them and keep bugging them.
Wow, that's terrible. Now I don't feel quite as bad about my two Viper GTS-Rs that made a full round trip from the U.S. to Toronto before being sent back up a second time. I waited 13 weeks for those cars to finally arrive.

I'm glad to hear you did finally get your cars.

G

·
One thing I learned after having enthusiastically ordered a few UT Audi STWs through the site is that if you're still waiting for more than a month, then you should automatically "assume" that these cars are no longer in stock.

When I spoke to a lady from customer service, she was basically like, "Duh! Obvoiusly if you haven't been billed yet and the cars haven't arrived then that means that your order's been cancelled."

Thanks for nuthin'! :ranting
... A few weeks later I found these models on Ebay for a lower price. :danbanna

They are horrible at keeping that site updated. It's hopeless!

You gotta love their catalogs, though. I'll stare at it for days... :tongue

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I have seen cars in the Exoticar catalog offered for sale at least a year before it's release.
Exoticar may or may not be a good company but where they are very very bad is in telling their customers if a car is in stock or not.
Its no good to take an order on a car that won't be out for months without telling the buyer.

Take the Hot Wheels 288 GTO, they don't have it, nobody does.
Mattel is supposed to come out with them again this summer(?) but its not an in stock item yet they won't tell you that.

I would look at Replicarz every time over ECar

21 - 32 of 32 Posts