DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be doing some painting this weekend (AUTOart Porsche GT2 wheels). I'm looking for the glossiest black paint I can find for this task. I've used Testors in the past, even thought the results were fine, I still want better and wetter shine once completed.

Any ideas :?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tamiya for model paints, or you could even go with an automotive lacquer spray can for the "most" shine. Generally though, I also go with Tamiya.

Shake well and heat up that can before ya spray!

·
John
586 Posts
Almost everyone uses Tamiya on this forum. Heres the thing, at my store, they carry the Tamiya for Plastic only. Are you guys using a Tamiya for metal diecast? Because I heard the paint will drip if you use Tamiya.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the wheels on the GT2 should be of a plastic compund I would think, just looking at them I couldn't tell. :? :?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats another question I had as well. I was going to start sanding last night, but the paper I had was a bit too large to do the entire wheels as it gets tight in some spaces. Any suggestions on sand paper that is small enough to fit between the spokes of this model. :?:

·
John
586 Posts
X,

Try 600 grit. I was thinking just use primer and then paint it. But afraid it would drip. Just have a bucket of water just incase of a emergency.

Has anyone ever broke a metal diecast apart and try to put it back together? I accidently cracked a hood on the Ferrari :x . Now I'm trying to glue it back together and sanding it out smooth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never broken a piece accidentally. :zi:

Hold off sanding as it might alter the fit when glueing it back together. Just glue it back first and then sand the top and bottom to smooth it out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts