DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't really happy with my previous pics of this car so I tried taking some new ones under cloudy conditions. I have a skylight in the entrance of the house so I parked my photo setup underneath. The rear shots seem a little nicer than the front view.

G

·
They're both exceptional pictures. You could place the pic of the model next to the real deal, and people wouldn't tell the difference.

G

·
those tyres look way cool dude!!!! :cool1

pics look great and go a long way to making me think I want one, but alas, i'll not get one. :happytwo

G

·
Ah, yes... The Pennzoil GTR. :danbanna :cheers

These shots are incredible. :drool :nicejob

Man, I wish AUTOart would redo this particular model and give it the full (much deserved) treatment.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Getter 3 said:
Ah, yes... The Pennzoil GTR. :danbanna :cheers

These shots are incredible. :drool :nicejob

Man, I wish AUTOart would redo this particular model and give it the full (much deserved) treatment.
:iagree with Souky and Mike
Awesome car and beautiful pics :nicejob :nicejob

I just won't buy into this sealed model thing :ranting

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words guys. Since I managed to get a really sweet deal on this car and the Xanavi one from a vendor within the country (Canada), my costs were probably in-line for a sealed model. Call me lucky I guess. :cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Well there skylines, sealed or not, I buy em, but I'm getting to like these sealed ones, you see how sleak they look :danbanna , no door gaps, or saggy doors as some models tend to have. But it is, you like em or your dont. but wish they did cost a wee bit less

Great photos as always :nicejob :nicejob , I have to work out this background thing, the bathroom idea is no good for me, as the shower is in the bath, and a leaking washer. :lol might work with the James Bond underwater car :danbanna

:cheers

Mike

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Road Runner 72 said:
:lol might work with the James Bond underwater car :danbanna

:cheers

Mike
Now that I'd love to see!! Anyone want to donate that Submarine Lotus to the cause?? :lol :lol

Also, that was a funny comment about the saggy doors too. :lol

G

·
Great pics Richard :cheers

After reading Richards interview on some of the manufacturers reasoning for doing things, I have a better appreciation for these sealed models. :cheers

However, if those doors aren't opening, neither is my wallet :giggle

G

·
The first pic is awesome, what a great looking car. I like the sealed models for the same reasons as RR stated. Now I have to go find the Calsonic one. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rat said:
The first pic is awesome, what a great looking car. I like the sealed models for the same reasons as RR stated. Now I have to go find the Calsonic one. :cheers
Happy hunting. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics of that car. :cheers

G

·
Fantastic photos Felix. The lighting is perfect. Indirect or difussed light source seems to be the way to go. They nice looking models for sure but it'll have to be significantly discounted before I will break the seal on my wallet.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TMD96 said:
Fantastic photos Felix. The lighting is perfect. Indirect or difussed light source seems to be the way to go. They nice looking models for sure but it'll have to be significantly discounted before I will break the seal on my wallet.
Thanks for the encouragin words Dennis, Kurt & Tom.

Tom: I was able to score the Pennzoil and Xanavi cars for $29 each. That price certainly helped me prop open my wallet. At that price, I have no regrets in getting them. The rims, slotted rotors and brake calipers are the things I admire the most on those two cars.

RR72: You're quite the Skyline buff aren't you? :cheers :cheers :cheers Great group shot. :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts