DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know this is the rarest Camaro ever made as it is a 1 of 1 It is the only first gen Z/28 convertible ever built. It was recently up for auction and it was a no-sale at $1.2M!

I wanted to re-create it since so-far no one that has a '68 Camaro mold has done it.
This is a work in progress so I am not finished but this is the work that I have done so far:
Cut the top from the winshield frame and BMF it.
Installed a top boot from a convertible donor.
Painted the interior white.
Replaced the antenna.
Detailed the wheels.

I will repaint it the correct British racing green once I find the '69 style hood that fits.
Some other things that I will do then:
BMF the wheel well trim and the rocker panels.
Detailed the grill.
Flock in some carpet.
Replace the motor with an Ertl with a cross ram air cleaner.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Great work so far Al! What are you using, a Yat Ming? The old radio antenna looked like a broom stick. How are you going to replicate the stripes once you re-paint it? That's what keeps me from re-painting any car with stripes. Painting bodies is not a strong talent with me. . . :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Eddie! :cheers It is a Maisto. I am hopping that they release the hi-rise hood as the Ertl is not a perfect fit. Maisto has released the hood on the StreetRodz series, but they are too tall.
As for stripes, white is easy as you can use "white" decal paper and cut it to size. I have never been good at re-paint (not even in my 1/24 kit days) but I am going to try. I bought a compressor and gun to try.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Nice work, Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts