DiecastXchange Forum banner

Photoshop 7 or CS

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BVR 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi C7 (or anyone else who wants to do this :cheers ),
I have a Q: How to do the lettering in Photoshop in that 3D-like styling? I don't have a clue :confused
As you did a very good tutorial about banner making, could you do a tut again?
If you have time, that is :confused
Thanks in advance! :cheers :cheers :cheers

#3 ·
2. Then the "Layer Style window will Open once you've selected "Blending options".

Now click on "Drop Shadow" for the shadow behind your text.
Next click on "Bevel & Emboss" to give the lettering that 3d look.
Move the "Depth Slider" on the right to 200 as shown and for example, and the "Size" Slider to 4 for example too.
This will give you a 3d lettering look ready for your Banners!

You can also use the "Gradient Overlay" to add some reflective surface to your Text.
Choose from "reflective/Linear" and so on for different reflective patterns on your text so to speak.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is with the "Gradient Overlay" ticked!
Oh and you have to actually click on the word Gradient Overlay and likewise with the other options in the bars to get the sub menus on the right to adjust each cool feature! Heres my text that I've adjusted the angle of the reflection with the little circle thing you can see in the middle section! and you can use hard light to make the reflection alot stronger in intensity!
Ive also picked the "reflected option" for my style! instead of the default Linear!

Hope this helps BVR and anyone else who wants to know how to create some kewl text! :)

#7 ·
Eric said:
Great tutorial!!! :nicejob

I've been doing this for awhile also. It is much easier to do now with the latest version of Photoshop. I remember way back when I had to create all my 3D text manually.
Thanks Eric! :cheers . Yes i too remember the days of having to create my own chrome/reflection type 3d text. It took ages to do and didnt always come out as perfect as I wanted it to be! :lol Im picking up new things from PS7 every time i use it! :cheers :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.