DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Mike,

Here are the pics I promised. Pictured are 4 of my figures. I've also got the Kasumi C1, if you want pics of that, I can get them as well.

Let's start!

This figure is from a video game called Pia Carrot 3. The company who makes this is Kotobukiya, and I really like their stuff. They seem to capture their female subjects perfectly. They're also quite expensive (USA releases are more reasonably priced). This is one of my favorite figures, as the pose is great, and the little dimsum container is so cute! :giggle Highly recommended, but HTF and expensive as there is no USA release.

Next up is Yuna, from Final Fantasy X-2. This is also made by Kotobukiya, but the face seems kind of weird... The character I don't really like, but the sculpting for the rest of body is great. Has a USA release, so decent priced. It's also quite large!

Mizuho! Another one of my much-loved figures, she's Mizuho from "Please Teacher", a Japanese cartoon. This is ALSO made by Koto. Her proportions are much more "inflated" compared to the anime, but I don't think I'll hear much complaints :lol Another very well sculpted and well made figure. I highly recommend this one. There is a USA release as well, meaning nice and cheap :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another Koto figure! This time from an anime called "Bastard". I forgot her name tho :p Another huge figure, also USA released. But this is an older figure, so you'll have a harder time finding it...

G

·
They're beautiful. Nice haul, buddy. :nicejob :cheers

And the lady's name is Polno Dianno.

I might have already alerted you on this, but just in case: *Warning PG13* CLICK

It's one of those mail-in items. She's a tough one to bag, even for Japanese collectors.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Gary, thanks for taking the time to get them out to photograph for me, well I can now admit between you & Souky I am now officially on the hunt for my 1st Figurine, I even liking your DOA figurines.

Okay I have just realised something, I already have some figurines :confused , as my star wars ones I have are also a release from Kotobukiya, like your Pia, Yuna & Mizuho, the detail on them is amazing, so I now know what I'm looking at. "Oh & I really like Dimsums, they are called dim sims over this side tho" So Pia look out :giggle

Here a couple of my star wars ones.

Once again thank you for taking time to get them out for me, very much appreciated & was worth the effort…………..So stay tuned my good buddy's.

Oh no I made an album called figurines in my photobucket site, it is a official............. I'm a GEEK :tease

Souky I have a stamp ready to place my mail order for the link you posted.

:cheers

Edit: The one I have just seen & like, is the Ikkitousen Kanu Untyou one :hot

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
thanks Souky! :happy

No i haven't seen that Mizuho figure before... It's a Dengeki Hobby Magazine special? Looks like a resin kit tho, no? Still, very nice, I've never seen this one at all! I was tempted to pick up the Koto Mizuho "sitting in a chair and eating pocky" cold cast, but was cash-strapped at the anime convention :help

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem Mike, my figures were begging to be released from their boxes anyway :giggle

Those Koto Star Wars figures are very nice! Their new EP.3 Darth Vader one is really cool. I might bag that one if I can find it :cheers

Oh my. The black C2 KAsumi jumped 100$! :help

And that Ikkitousen Kanu figure should be relatively cheap as well, I couldn't wait for mine, so I preordered and bought the Japanese version, which was relatively cheap at 65CAD or so shipped. The USA release was only around 35CAD last I saw. Out of all the Yamato Ikkitousen figures, I think Kanu is the only one which truly captures the character. The others aren't so nicely sculpted, in my opinion. Now, the Ikkitousen cold-cast, are of another matter... the Kanu repaint coldcast is being preordered, and the first colour was a super hot seller....

G

·
No problem buddy. :cheers

Yup, it's a resin kit, but there's already talk of PVC production. They know this figurine will sell, so no surprise there.

Wait a bit on Mizuho. The price will come down eventually (though not by much).

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm I feel you do :giggle trying now to convince a friend this side to collecting them, as I dont want to be alone over here, it is going to be a hard fight to tell them I have seen the light, & not from taking one to many tablets either & there not just good looking barbies that took judo lessons.

Anime here MIKE COMEUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....................oh no :help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts