·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do with your diecasts?
Just display and stay off116.67%
Take them out of the display once in a while, undo them from dust148.48%
Take them out once in a while, open them, look at them4426.67%
Take them out often, open them, look at them very carefully and every time again be amazed6539.39%
Open, look carefully, roll them on the desk while making engine sounds3118.79%

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, now I'd like to know what you people do with your models. Do you just display them and stay off, let them collect dust etc??? Or do you play with them, look at them, open parts over and over, roll them on your desk making "vroom vroom" sounds, or even crash them ( :oops: :cry: Don't tell me you do!!! :x )?
I myself take them out a lot, open them, being amazed every time again, and sometimes even roll them andmaking "vroom vroom" sounds :sm: :oops: :drink:
I suppose noone of you crashes them so I let that one out, if you still do that, just say it, and we'll find you
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
: :2gun:

G

·
well, i dont play with mine mainly bc i think i will break them. but i do walk over to my display pick the up, open them, and ocassionally use them as drawing subjects.

G

·
I pretty much just look at them through the window in the box or if they are cover ae. Action pull them out very carefully and look

G

·
I on occasion I pull them down and look at the details. I also sit them on my desk during the day just to look at them. But I never play with them...some would beg to differ. :sm:

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I usually pull a couple cars out a night and put them in front of me and check them out, open them up or whatever. :?

I woudn't exactly call it playing but....... :drink:

G

·
I on occasion I pull them down and look at the details. I also sit them on my desk during the day just to look at them. But I never play with them...some would beg to differ. :sm:
I usually pull a couple cars out a night and put them in front of me and check them out, open them up or whatever. :?

I woudn't exactly call it playing but....... :drink:
i DO THE SAME THING, If i'm in the living room, I will take a few down to look at if I go out tothe puter, i'll take a few there.....it's almost weird! :?

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I take models out on occasion usually to photograph them and perhaps to give them the once over too! Also, I take out a model when I'm writing up a web page on one for my site, to check for any details to mention in the review.

G

·
I've just started in this hobby and don't have a place to display them just yet. (By the way Ronan I love the display case you built
- I'll be bugging you for dimensions and the like.) Consequently, all my cars are still boxed up; about half have never been out of their boxes! Also, I'm currently working away from home on alternating weeks. So, I usually take one out each week, admire it and put it away.

Eventually, I'll build / acquire a home for them. I see myself removing one on occasion, giving it the once over and putting it away. Maybe I'll get one of those rotating display stands for my computer desk. I'd also like to get some use out of my digicam and post pics for all to enjoy. I anticipate that dusting will give adequate time to admire them all!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I've just started in this hobby and don't have a place to display them just yet. (By the way Ronan I love the display case you built
- I'll be bugging you for dimensions and the like.)
No problem Richard! I sent you a mail about the cabinets and I will measure them tomorrow to give you a more precise idea of their size!

G

·
Richard,

You will soon to love the cabinets as much as the cars. I too have made some notes from Ronan's cabinets. :mrgreen: Great stuff :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Glad I could be of help here re// cabinets!

What I can do over the weekend is post a few "detail" pics of the cabinets such as the door runners, shelf supports and so on. I have to say building them was frustrating and slow at times, but very satisfying!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Take them out once in a while, open them, look at them

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Sometimes I'll mess with them by taking one down and looking at it or sometimes I'll drive it a bit if it is a convertible :danbanna
I dont do anything that could damage the model though :happy

G

·
get them out of their box, place them in my glass cabinet and put the lights of the cabinet on and look at them :happy

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I take them down to take photos for posting on this Board. Dust them off, shoot the pic, look at them a little, and then put them back in their place. No noises, though, or my wife would start worrying about me.

:DXgreat

1 - 20 of 38 Posts