DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that many Americans are not too fond of Rally cars and/or events, and as a result, I have not been able to locate much information about the following two 1/32 scale cars by the Polistil Rally Series line or the manufacturer itself. I found these two rally car models at, of all places, TJ Maxx. They appear to be quite detailed (nice graphics and the 2 doors open) and the price I paid was absurd, so I wonder how well made are these models in general and what is the consensus opinion about Polistil (Saico) as a diecast manufacturer?

I was only able to find various UK and European entries in my searches, and they seemed to indicate that the models are kind of pricey in some cases. These models have SAICO molded on the bottom of their bases. Incidently, the distributor of these two cars is in Santiago, Chile according to a label on the bottom of the model's package.

The two models are:

2002 Peugeot 206 WRC (Valentino Rossi) "Michelin" 1/32 Rallye de Great Britian
2003 Citreon Xsara WRC (Sebastian Loeb) "Total" 1/32 Rallye de Monte Carlo

Are these models considered very well done and accurate?
How does the quality compare to other brands?
Is Polistil considered a "budget" brand?
And how much should one consider a fair price to pay for each here in the USA?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
I am not aware of Polistil but I know Saico makes (made) some very good models of 1:18 MotoGP bikes and I am very happy to own a few of them.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have a 1/16 Lotus JPS type 78 F1 that I bought used over ebay because it's the only diecast of the 78 I've ever seen. It's an old model but I don't know how old. Polistil is/was made in Italy and, judging only from this one model, I'd say their quality and detail are about the same as a Bburago from the 1980's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.