DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After the disappointment of my AUTOart S-Class, this GMP is just the diecast tonic I needed to keep my enthusiasm for the hobby high.
This GTO is a staggeringly good model. It is so heavy, the brakes are plumbed, the engine is so detailed (my pic doesn't do it justice), the hinges on the bonnet/hood are superb, the rims look excellent, the interior is nicely done, the underside is amazing, it came with the best box I have ever seen, etc, etc,...... I could go on.
I only paid 33GBP for this model which makes it my biggest and best bargain ever. I highly recommend it. Its my first GMP, and it certainly won't be my last. Thankyou GMP.

Pics (50-90KB)

Front
Rear
Side
Engine
Interior
Underside (Awesome!)
Trunk

I've also got a couple of pics of my Minichamps dealer edition Mercedes Benz E-Class in Avantgarde spec (1:43). This is quite good for a 1:43 - I had to have it because of my passion for E-Classes.

In box (Dealer MB box Gary gun)
Pic2

:cheers and Thanks

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Fantastic Jim! I love the GMP GTOs myself (I have several of them including this very one in gold) and they are well worth their asking price. So £33 is a steal for this one! (A good bit more than what I paid, which was I think around $80-90 USD from a retailer in the US)

Congrats on this fine new addition! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ronan, i'd have thought this model was your cup of tea. :giggle

I agree, even if I had paid $100 fot this I would still be very pleased with it.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Congrats Jim! :cheers

I told you that you would be very happy when you saw it :happy
GMP sure can make a nice muscle car!

BTW, I saw a new linup of E Class's at the local MB dealership yesterday and immediatly thought of you :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ronan - do you have a Pontiac Lemans convertible by GMP?

Jeff - Cheers. My E-Class thing is getting out of hand :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats Jim :cheers

it's very strange to see model like this in your collection, i thought that you love modern models :confused

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congratulations Jim!
You made a great colour choice :310
I really like the rear of this car, it's a muscle car classic.
Enjoy it mate, and here's for a lot more :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats Jim! All nice additions! :cheers

I like the colour on the GTO, it's... yellow-lishious! :lol

Now u need to get the 2005 GTO :p It's all a slippery slope :giggle

Thansk for the pics of the dealer ed box Jim! Man, it's even plainer than the Porsche boxes :giggle

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
:tongue That is a fantastic looking Goat Jim. It even has the jacking instructions on the underside of the trunk. The engine is a work of art. I can definitely see why you are so pleased with it, I would be too! Congrats on a fine addition to your collection. . . :nicejob :nicejob

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Beautiful, jim! :nicejob
I'm glad you got such a nice model after the S fiasco. This GTo is just stunning!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I do indeedy! :giggle

I have 2 of them, the 1970 GTO Judge convertible in blue with a black interior, and the 1971 GTO Judge convertible in triple white! (White hood, body and interior) Both are superb models and look good alongside their tintop sisters!

The two coupes I have are the same '72 gold GTO you now have and also the 1st release in this series from 2001, the orbit orange GTO Judge (which is still my favourite, I just love the orange colour!) :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers!!!!! Thanks for the kind comments guys. Its nice to have a positive 'new arrivals' thread again after the farce that was the AUTOart S-Class.

Jonson - congrats on your 2005 version (for when you recieve it). I also plan on getting one.

Ronan - are the Lemans/GTO convertibles as good as the hardtop version?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.