DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
This Pontiac Vibe GTR is the "sister car" to the Toyota Matrix, with some slightly different body work, and some significantly different styling details. Whereas the Toyota "plays it safe," if you will, Pontiac pulls out all the stops and goes for the custom look with this GTR. It includes more aggressive body panels, hood air intake, custom wheels, and a custom two-tone interior with racing inspired seats.

The first thing I noticed when I got the model is the spectactular paint. It is extremely rich in appearance -- at least on the outside, anyway. None-the-less, I am very impressed with this piece! I sincerely think that this is by far the most impressive Road Signature release I have seen.

:cheers

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Vehicle Car Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

G

·
Congrats on adding the Vibe Ric :cheers Nice one Jeff :nicejob

I bought this car 2 or 3 years ago when it was first released . I admit , I only ordered it origionally to resell along with a bunch of others , but when I looked at it I couldnt believe how well it was done . Its been on my shelf ever since .

Everything on it looks great , from the paintwork (mines yellow) to the interior with its race seats and aluminium trim to its wheels and brakes . It really was a huge surprise to see a budget maker like Road Signature could put out this much quality for so little money

G

·
Thats a budget model????

Wow! I thought it was one of those expensive dealer eds Gary has been purchasing of late.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:lol

Nope... I don't have that kind of disposable income! :giggle

Seriously, though, this car looks really awesome on display, and is definitely worth consideration. And for the ultra-low price, you really can't beat it at all!

G

·
I'm totally suprised at the level of detail Ric :nicejob

The interior looks no worse than the majority of AAs, and the colour suits it well too. I can't really comment myself on how true it is to the 1:1, because i've never seen a 1:1, but it does look accurate - well done YM.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Good score Ric! :cheers It is not the type of car I collect, but I could not leave a yellow one behind once I spotted it at BigLot for $9.99. I was pleasantly surprised how much they got right. And seeing the 1:1s all over the place, YM got it dead-on! :happy

·
Registered
90 Posts
congrats ricallen! The detail on that model is superb, particularly for a budget model. The car in itself is an interesting one too, something different for your collection. Are there many Vibes (1:1) going around in the US?

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I personally have not yet seen one, though Al (acisne) has mentioned seeing quite a few. I have actually been on the lookout for one since I got this one. There are a LOT of Toyota Matrix cars out there though (the sister car to this one). It is very popular. :cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I see tons of Vibes every day.
They seem to be very popular but then again, there are tons of GM employees around here as they have a couple of factories in the area.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Bugdet brand can be very surprising sometimes. Some are only making crap and then suddenly, BAM, they release a "masterpiece".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.