DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
In1968 there was a big rally called London Sidney Marathon.
There is a website:
http://marathon68.homestead.com/
Heroes, all of the participants were trully heroes.
But, I want to find another hero - the one who will take the task to produce the Porsche 911 (1/18 scale, of course) that was prepared for this rally.
This is the best pic that I have of the car - It came from one of my old magazines, the french AUTOMOBILE, from late 68.
Maybe the start model could be from a Jouef's (or the other brand that succed them) 911...
Who will accept this challenge???
:cheers :cheers :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
The cars actually passed through my city. :woohoo Thanks for the link JRO. That was some race. The car surely needs that much protection from all the cattle and kangaroos.
Does this car still exist? I guess they would need detailed photographs to replicate it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know if the car (s) exist (s). There were 4 Porsches at the rally and it is very difficult to find something about those cars. This one was 4° place, with Sobieslaw Zasada, rally champion from Poland.

G

·
Interesting car....Im not going to try and make one , but if its ever produced I`d definately buy it...so long as it wasnt sealed :giggle

G

·
Very nice car, I would surely get it as it is very different from what we are used to in 1/18.

The base model isn't very difficult to find, wheel..... hmmm... maybe from a 550A spyder by Maisto.

Foglights..... from AUTOart lemans GT3R.................. :lol :lol

Seriously.... hmmmmmm I think recently dead bburago had those type of lights in one of their kits.

But that metal frame is very hard to do..... I 'll just wait for some company to do it ( I think they wont).

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The base car could be a 911 from Jouef / Eagle.
For the wheels we have to look for another car, because the Maisto 550 has a different kind of wheel with 5 screws and the 911 is 4 screws.
Maybe from Minichamps 904 or 906 ... :hot
The metal frame could be made from a 1/1 car antenna...?
No, I dont think so, it would not bend as necessary :pullhair
Anyhow, this is a possible task!!!
:cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Difficult but not impossible. You could bend copper or aluminum wire to get it to that shape (like how Lu made the stands for the Saico bikes). With a round file, you could get the ends of the wire to get the desired curvature to superglue it to the main rollover bars. Lots of patience required though.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You are 100% right.
My mistake :giggle
But anyhow the wheels are different. The 550 has the same type of wheel that was used at the firsts VWs, with the 5 screws distant from the center.
:cheers

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
This is a must have for me, when I first read they were making it I never had sign it before. After seeing it I want it.

This is a must have for me, when I first read they were making it I never had sign it before. After seeing it I want it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I used bburago rims for my project. With some adjustment they fit well, and may be they fit well for this project, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.