DiecastXchange Forum banner

Porsche 911 (964) pair - Carrera 2 and Turbo

536 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Scuddy
Solido's Turbo and Norev's Carrera 2 with full openings. Im glad that Norev helped to fill in some of the gaps in my collection after Autoart's version became nerar unattainable i.e. the 964 RS, 930 3.0 turbo and 3.3 turbo..

Untitled by Jazzy 426, on Flickr

See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 5
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
What a fantastic pair! I love seeing the 2 red 964's!
I had the yellow Solido 964 but I am mostly excited about the Norev's 964. I need to add that one to my collection but still have a queue of other 1:18 I wanted to add.
What a fantastic pair! I love seeing the 2 red 964's!
I had the yellow Solido 964 but I am mostly excited about the Norev's 964. I need to add that one to my collection but still have a queue of other 1:18 I wanted to add.
Thanks! I always wanted a narrow body 964 to go with the wide body turbo and im glad that Norev made this along with the cabrio and targa version. I will be aiming for targa in the future as that would be a nice upgrade from the Anson.
I think Red is THE colour for the 964! They look so good!!!
Congrats Simon! I have been waiting for a coupe with these wheels to release in another color.. Your double red pairing here looks great together. Norev is on a roll. It would be nice if they would release ALL of their newer releases in fully opening castings like this beauty! 😊 👏 🥂
Wow! There’s a treat for the eyes :) I need to get my paws on one of Norev’s 911s. I’m just going to see what other colours are announced as Norev often issues quite a wide range of colours; so just going to hang back a bit. I’d like a coupe and a targa. Great adds, Jazzy :)
Congratulations @jazzy426 the Norev looks fantastic, loving it. Waiting to recieve mine soon.
Great duo, Jazzy 👏 I just got the Guards Red GTS RS 3.8 and yes, it really pops out. It's so hard to say what color looks best on the 964 and 993 that my answer so far has been to get each variant in a different color. I'm not worried about missing the Autoart 964 RS, it looks like GTS did a better job on the shape and wheels. And Norev making the detailed and fully opening Carreras for what the Autoart cost 10+ years ago helps even more.
I think Red is THE colour for the 964! They look so good!!!
Cheers Craig. Red goes very well with most of the Porsche coupes me think. I always associate red with Porsche as one of their base colours. I also thought the black 964 turbo looks fabulous. I kinda regret now for not buying the black one from Solido when they were plentiful last year.

Congrats Simon! I have been waiting for a coupe with these wheels to release in another color.. Your double red pairing here looks great together. Norev is on a roll. It would be nice if they would release ALL of their newer releases in fully opening castings like this beauty! 😊 👏 🥂
Thanks David. I am not expert in the Porsche itself but i wonder if this wheel style goes with Carrera 2 where as the 5 spoke one are stock on Carrera 4? Or maybe they were option any way and buyers could choose either back in the day? In any case Norev recently announced a limited run of the turquoise colour Targa with the 5 spoke rims. I think that would be a perfect upgrade for me as I used to have the same one from Anson long ago.

Wow! There’s a treat for the eyes :) I need to get my paws on one of Norev’s 911s. I’m just going to see what other colours are announced as Norev often issues quite a wide range of colours; so just going to hang back a bit. I’d like a coupe and a targa. Great adds, Jazzy :)
No doubt there will be many more colour choices but the thing i dont necessarily agree with Norev is how they like to do the so called limited run on the more unconventional colours. I think so far they have released quite a few of them but they are supposedly limited to 200 or 500 copies.

Congratulations @jazzy426 the Norev looks fantastic, loving it. Waiting to recieve mine soon.
I think you will not be disappointed. While the Norev version might not have the same level of finish as the Autoart one but they are pretty darn good.

Great duo, Jazzy 👏 I just got the Guards Red GTS RS 3.8 and yes, it really pops out. It's so hard to say what color looks best on the 964 and 993 that my answer so far has been to get each variant in a different color. I'm not worried about missing the Autoart 964 RS, it looks like GTS did a better job on the shape and wheels. And Norev making the detailed and fully opening Carreras for what the Autoart cost 10+ years ago helps even more.
Yea i no longer think about the Autoart 964 RS anymore (apart from slight disappointment for missing out on a sale many years ago... missed the last turquoise 964RS when an online shop was clearing their Autoart inventory.. but snagged the NSX-R instead. I like both 964 and 993 equally but my 964 models were under represented in my collection for a long while.. and this Norev one being my first non turbo narrow body 964 after i got rid of my last Anson. I still have the 1/14 964 Cabrio though 😁
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Yeah a Black 964 Turbo does look so good!! I always think of Bad Boys!! What a fantastic movie and car!!
I waited for the Norev 964 since it had been announced. The 964 is my favourite 911, but the AutoArt models are out of my price range and I'm not too big fan of Solido and Welly... So when I've seen in the news that Norev will release a range of 964s (with full openings!) I knew that I need one.

My choice of color was Maritime Blue: it's a typical early '90s Porsche color, and because I already have a red 911 ('83 Cabriolet by Minichamps) I went for this blue. It's a quite interesting color. If you google it the pictures will cover a whole range of colors from royal blue to purpleish shades. My phone camera couldn't capture the actual shade: in real life it's much more into purple. Anyway, I like it, and I'm curious what other 964s Norev will release.

Attachments

See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 2
I like that very much. (y) I think Norev’s 911 is the surprise hit of the year :cool: Where’s the best online retailer to find the best range of colours for the 911? I’ve already lost track of the colour/wheel combos. Or is it a just case of checking out ebay regularly? Thank you.
I like that very much. (y) I think Norev’s 911 is the surprise hit of the year :cool: Where’s the best online retailer to find the best range of colours for the 911? I’ve already lost track of the colour/wheel combos. Or is it a just case of checking out ebay regularly? Thank you.
I've ordered mine from German store called Modelissimo. They have website (modelissimo.de) and they are on Ebay as well (link below).
Modelissimo on ebay
I've ordered mine from German store called Modelissimo. They have website (modelissimo.de) and they are on Ebay as well (link below).
Modelissimo on ebay
Ah yes that is one of my go to shop for the last 10 years. Either that or Ck-modelcars.I quite like yours in blue.. but i am thinking of saving my next 964 purchase for the targa top version in a more interesting colour, mint green is what i would go for but they are doing super limited release of 200 tho.

I too thought the 964 from Norev is a bit unexpected, along with the Alfa 1750 GTV.. and both feature full opening! I certainly hope there will be more interestng colour schemes in the coming months ot years.. if Norev thinks they have hit a homerun with this no doubt they will milk it as much as they could, just like most of the Mercs they have done so far.

Yeah a Black 964 Turbo does look so good!! I always think of Bad Boys!! What a fantastic movie and car!!
I havent watch the Bad Boys movie yet but i do remember the fantastic chase scene between the black Porsche (is it the Porsche in case i remember wrongly) and the Shelby Cobra. I do remember the black Porsche 964 turbo being featured prominently in the late 80s/90s advertisements.. it was the ultimate status symbols for the yuppie crowd at the time me think 😆
See less See more
That is the movie ;)

Yep, one of the ultimate status symbols from the time, and if you couldn't afford it, you got a Mk2 Golf GTi.
See less See more
Yep, one of the ultimate status symbols from the time, and if you couldn't afford it, you got a Mk2 Golf GTi.
Haha i thought the go between is the E30... the mainstream yuppie go to automobile. And a cabriolet if you just received a big fat bonus.
Reactions: 1
I think they were stepping stones. Filofax>>>Golf GTi>>>BMW 325i>>>Porsche 911 Turbo :) Trying to remember now what the difference was between a yuppie and Sloane ranger. Different times :)
1 - 17 of 17 Posts