DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR Turbo 2.1

Operated so the 1000km Brands Hatch 1974

The Porsche was driven by the Swiss Herbert Mueller and the Dutchman Gijs van Lennep

A stark contrast to the sealed models, this one takes the same covers all gone, as well as the real race car..

The 1000km race at Brands Hatch in 1974 was very wet and it rained often

After 219 laps, the No. 5 was flagged and finished the race in 5th place

In 1974, the turbo era began in motorsports and Prosche was from the beginning.
The air-cooled six-cylinder boxer engine, a turbo was missed in preparing for the Group5 regulations, 500PS and 549Nm of engine delivered..

To accommodate the tremendous force on the street donated the Porsche RSR, a huge rear spoiler and fender flares..

The RSR reached a top speed of 300km / h

Weight of this monster: 750KG

With the wide wheel arches of the RSR was almost 40cm wide, 161cm instead, there are now 200 cm.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I have an image of me standing by this very car in the pits at Brands Hatch some were. It's an iconic race car and shows the way Porsche were heading at the time as I was at this race I have this model too and the #22 Le Mans car another race I was at. All that's needed now is the "Mary Stewart" version with the large wrap around rear spoiler that looks very simular of the ruffs women used to wear back in history. Great model nice images and information on the real car congratulations

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
I have this one. It was one of my first expensive models a while back. I liked the white tape on the headlights, that is how I decided this one over the others. I like it a lot, very good detail.

Nice pictures. Well done.

·
Administrator
34,875 Posts
Nice shots & what a cracking model it is, lovely detail, yep tihs is a great effort by AUTOart!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.