DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The second set of the day - Spark's two Carrera RSRs from Le Mans 1973. In the race, the #46 of Mueller / van Lennep came home 4th - the #47 of Joest / Haldi retired in the sixth hour after running out of fuel.....

Two wonderful models - the Martini livery certainly helps! Interesting to note that the Martini stripes are different on the two cars. Sometimes Spark's quality control isn't what it should be, however, no problems with these two.

Any more converts to 1:43? :giggle

:cheers

Steve

G

·
Absolute little stunners Steve

These 2 will both bejoining my Porsche collection in the not too distant future . :10

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Nice new additions, I always like how you collect these porsche racers in pairs/groups by the year of le mans. :cheers
From your photos I only just realised that these RSRs that took part at Le Mans had the duck tail spoiler extended on both side all the way to the rear wheel arches. as compared to that on the #8 car that won the Targa Florio that year. If one these racers ever make it to the 1:18 market, i'll definately be getting one.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Derek.

If at all possible I'll try to get cars in their team groups - it makes the "display" as far as I'm concerned.

Although, the next two due are singletons, even though they had team-mates - Auto Art's 917Ks from Daytona 1970 (#1 Gulf) & Sebring 1971 (#3 Martini). Pics will follow, on receipt.

:cheers

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.