DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a car that may have alleviated the Porsche thirst. :hot

Today, I had the great pleasure of meeting a fellow DX member, Tuan (sg207ptg), who was so kind to drive all the way to my work to deliver this beaut.

Thank you so much, Tuan! :cheers

Now without further adieu, here are some pics:

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congrats Gian. That's an awesome GT2. :happy
I'm glad that you've finally found a DX member in your area. :cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
That's a gorgeous GT2 with the Repsol livery! Congrats for finding that Gian and a big hand to Tuan too :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob Don't you just love those deep-dish rims?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Very nice, Gian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice P car Gianny....took me ages to bag that #10 GT2 .

Congrats on adding it , nice of Tuan to deliver it too :cheers

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
What I find intriguing about this version, is that it shows that UT, at the time, was not concerned about making unique versions of this model. The rear wing on the Repsol car is not found on any other UT 911 GT2, while the front spoiler is the same as the red/silver semi-street version, and not like the other racer versions, with their vertical nose, and side radiator intakes.

A great find, and a wonderful addition to any collection.

I say: :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was one of my lucky finds back in April. Such a beautiful model. Your pics make it look even better.

Its very cool to see that this model is unique, its a GT2 not a GT2R. One of a kind.

BTW, does the shade of orange differ on different parts of the car? Mine does....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words. :cheers

Inevitably, I did some research on this car and found out this one participated in the Nurburgring 4 Hours in 1995, where it did not finish (15 laps) due to engine problems. It was driven by Tomas Saldana and Alfonso de Orleans (both from Spain).

Here's a picture of the real thing:

View attachment 22839
(information obtained and image courtesy of RacingSportsCars)

The fine UT model gets accuracy points in a lot of areas and lost a few in the wheels (different), in the fuel cell nozzle and hood pins (both absent), and lastly, the tires, which aren't slick.

A fine model, nonetheless! :happy

Felix - I love the massive deep dish wheels with their chrome lips! :tongue
Bernard - The colors do vary as one is orange (rear) and the other is a phosphorescent red (front).

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gian,

I meant the red. The red on the hood is darker than that on the sides. Maybe the model I have was displayed in direct sunlight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ooooh! i see what you mean now (went to your site). Like you said, it might have been direct sunlight. Do you use flash, btw?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to see the car found a safe new home, Gian. It was great meeting you. Love your 1:1 car. I was looking to buy the wagon version a while back... :happy

On the road today, will email you the info I promised later tonight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tuan - It was great meeting you too! Thank you so very much for everything! :cheers

Ric - Thank you. :cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts