DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two more Porsches which competed in the Le Mans 24 Hours - the Martini Racing 911 RSR Turbos, which marked the promising advent of turbos for Porsche.

The #22, driven by van Lennep & Mueller, finished 2nd behind the winning Pescarolo/Larousse Matra, whilst, the #21, driven by Koinigg/Schurti, stopped on the Mulsanne straight, in the 7th hour, with a broken crankshaft.

As for the models, on first sight, :eek:mg Ebbro have really come up trumps. The silver paint & Martini stripes are wonderful. The way the castings are shaped, emphasising the oversized rear wheel arches, is very impressive. Ebbro have ensured that the detail differences between the two cars has been captured, most obviously the rear side windows - blanked out on the #22, perspex on the #21.

These models are highly recommended, perhaps even more so, than their superb '76 935.

:cheers

Steve

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
If AUTOart release these I don't think they'll be able to keep them on the shelves...great models, Steve!

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yup, AUTOart has it listed as a spring release, I hope they follow thru :sos
I *think* Minichamps is coming out with the RSR in 1:18...

Besides all that, Congrats again Steve, cou have added some prime porkers! :cheers

G

·
I bought the LeMans #21 RSR just a couple of weeks ago and was seriously impressed with its quality .

I havent seen the #22 car on ebay though . Nice to see Ebbro capturing the subtle differences between the two .

Nice collection there Steve :cheers

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Gary,

It was seeing the photos of your #21 which persuaded me.

I decided to get both and like you, I found the #22 difficult to source, but, eventually did find one on ebay - it was quite expensive, however, the #21 was quite cheap, so things balanced out!

Strangely, according to the plinths, the #21 is 1 of 3600 & the #22 1 of 6000 - I can only assume, that because the #22 finished 2nd in the race, people want it more...

:cheers

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.