DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,678 Posts
Not a fan of the car, but those seats alone make me want this model. They are awesome. I don''t know too much about these cars. The engine is very cool looking. What engine is represented in this model? Weren't there a V8 for these? Also, I like the picture through the rear hatch. Nice way to show off the interior.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There where all V8s ,alongside the 924, 944 and 968, these where the only front engined sports cars (excluding the Cayenne and Panamera). The 928 was the first street porsche that featured a front mounted V8.
This particular model had a 237bhp 4.5L V8 SOHC 16v engine.
Later it was replaced by a 4.7L ,then a 5.0L 32v DOHC was introduced and finally 5.4L 32v V8 that ended the series in 1995 with the 350bhp 928 GTS.

G

·
I'm a fan of the 928, the White releases sits happily in my display cabinet. I hope AUTOart release more variants.

·
Premium Member
13,678 Posts
Alex, this car is growing on me. I lke the brown though. Maybe when the S comes out I might get one.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
@ Citrofriend @Alex.......I'm certainly Devils advocate today......
.....I love the 'gawky' look....I've got this very model and agree blue is the best colour as well...

Great pics Alex! Lovely model!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
"I've got a Trig. Midterm tomorrow and I'm being chased by Guido, The Killer Pimp"
I am waiting to a silver one.

·
Registered
831 Posts
the new color variants don't fit it like this shade of blue!
completely agree...not to mention the fact that it seems all the new colors have these blue checkboard seats.
[/quote]

I beg to differ about the newer colors. I have the guards red and I think that suits it just as well as the blue... although it indeed does have the checkered seats carried over from this older release and that's autoart just being stupid.

IMO 928 is one of the best looking cars ever. Each to their own I suppose.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys!

BTW, do you know that real car was the only Porsche and the only sport car which was voted the European car of the year? It was in 1978!
Yep ,knew that! It bought many inovations at that time ,such as aluminium engine block and the 'Weissach axle" (named in honor of the Porsche R&D center where it was created). The goal of the Weissach axle was to eliminate lift-throttle oversteer by allowing the rear suspension to actually adjust itself during cornering manuevers. The Weissach axle is one of the most noted features of the marque and has been adapted across the model line-up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.