DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First front engined Porsche in my collection, and maybe the ultimate one, the extremely rare 1993 968 Turbo S. Only 14 were made, and upgrades from the 968 Turbo included a new hood with the two triangular vents, a new nose, and a new and adjustable rear wing.

I've always liked the 968, recently found a good deal on this GTS Turbo S and very happy that I went for it. GTS did a great job, and in my first choice of a color for it, Maritime Blue. This is definitely my favorite era of Porsche, early to mid '90s... this 968 fits in absolutely perfect with the 993s that I have so far, and makes me want more from this era (y)

· Registered
3,922 Posts
The 968 is almost the forgotten Porsche. Highly accreditted at the time, but I think because Porsche was in such a state of financial hardship it is often overlooked. Looks good in the blue Mike and I especially like the rims and spoilers on this model.

· Registered
3,953 Posts
This is an underrated and often overlooked Porsche in my view. It fits in so well with the 993 from the same era and they are perfect for each other in a photoshoot. When GT-S first made this car it was in white with red rims if i remember correctly but I would rather wait for a more "normal" looking one such as this one but I stopped paying attention to them by the time GT-S made this. I am kind of hoping that Solido can takes on more Porsche subjects like this one. They seem to be doing fairly well with their Porsche releases so far.

· Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone 😄

Great model and pics! I wish GTS would produce opening composite models. Their execution and wide range of subject matter is impressive.
I'd say this is kinda where Solido comes in, as they offer a lot of the same subjects and, at least on some models, almost the same quality. I just got their blue 964 RS 3.8 and I'm honestly wowed by it, it really holds up next to this GTS 968, the only thing noticeably better on the GTS is the paint. Either way, the two look perfect next to each other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts