DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts

I had a picture stored on my computer from two years ago of this The Racers Group 996 with this livery. It deliberately colourful since one of the big sponsors is the Island of Maldives' tourism department. Imagine my surprise when I saw the model show up on eBay that looked just like that photo! I just jumped on it without any hesitation. One thing I notice with the more popular Spark releases is that when they sell out from the inital release, they rarely show up again on eBay.

This model is made beautifully and reflects the 1:1 quite accurately. The quality of the paint and and tampo prints are top-notch. My only beef is that the three small metal grille pieces at the front of the hood (top surface, not the front-facing ones) do not sit quite flat. (You can see them in the very bottom-right photo) But apart from that, I am really happy with this model!

Driven by: Ian Donaldson (GB)/Lars Nielsen (DK)/Gregor Fisken (GB)
Result: 18th (65 laps behind the winner)

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Thats such a gorgeous livery Felix!
And as usual, stunning pictures :cheers

Makes you wonder when you see people going ga-ga over those ugly Kwans :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I know what you mean. There are no real discernable shadows or brightly lit portions of the car which makes it look computer generated (except for on the front-left headlight lens). Unless someone stuck this car in a studio with very controlled lighting, I'm not sure how they pulled off this shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.