DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really didn't need another 997 but I wanted one with the standard wheels that comes with the regular Carrera and since all the other versions I have are "S" models, I wanted to add this one.
Typical Maisto, no surprises. I know that they make a regular release in black but I think the tan interior is exclusive to the D/E. This particular example has great paint and very nice fit of the body panels. The price of Porsche dealer editions has jumped up to the point where it doesn't make any sense to buy them here in the US, $55 is way out of line for a maisto. Luckily, I was able to get this one for $20 from ebay.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Awesome photos as always Jeff :cheers
It's true that this is the only one with the standard carrerra rims but then again I have always thought the S rims were the trademark of 997, maybe that's why it's used on so many models. Great deal for the DE too, won't mind one myself at that price. Congratulations

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Looks better with the tan interior than the black. $20 is a fair price but I think you'd have to be insane to pay $55 for one.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Derek.
I am not sure if the S wheels are the trademark of the 997 because of the fact that the S is more popular or if its because they always show off the premium (and more expensive) S versions in all their ads and brochures?
Either way, I am glad to have both :happy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.