Porsche Carrera GT8861.54%
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren2517.48%
Neither64.20%
Both2416.78%

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Here's my decision...

The Persian language would refer to it as "See-ah oh gahshang." In other words, black and beautiful! :tongue

G

·
As much as I love the SLR , Im a Porsche fan , first and foremost , so it would have to be the Carrera GT for me .

Its just :tongue :tongue :tongue

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would pick the Carrera GT. . .

The SLR's too much Mercedes, too little McLaren, you can put 2 golf sets in the trunk and what about that weight ? too many compromises were made (remember Gordon Murray's statement about the McLaren F1 - at McLaren there are no compromises)

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
The SLR is basically an automatic, it does have that manual override thing though where you just tap the shifter forward but thats basically a paddle shifter. If i want a paddle shifter I would want it behind the steering wheel.

Carrera GT for me even though Murray worked on the SLR. SLR looks just like a beefy SL55 though. Carrera GT is drop dead gorgeous.

BTW, speaking of the CGT, This weeks AutoWeek did a test on the performance and the actual 0-60 is 3.5! Pretty good! :cheers

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The design of the CGT doesn't get to me at ALL! It looks too wierd for my tastes. I find it too radical. I guess I'm used to 911s and more sedate supercar designs. :confused

G

·
I don't think the Porsche is anything special, probably because I'm not a huge Porsche fan. If I was to use to quite often, it would and always will be the SLR, cause at least you have A/C etc.

If I was just to use it on the racetrack, it would still be the SLR, simply because in my opinion its the better supercar.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.