DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well , the wait is over . It arrived this morning and I can honestly say I have never unpacked a car as fast as I did this one :lol

It comes in a very nice silver Dealer box with a pic of the RSR on the top . Very nice .

The car is STUNNING , and thats not an understatement either .
You all know how much I love my AUTOart GT3 racers (faults and all) , but this Minichamps offering beats them hands down .
This is very different to the AUTOart cars though with a totally different front end , engine cover , rear wing , front arch extensions and headlights .
I noticed it is also heavier than the AUTOart cars , due to everything on it being metal , bumpers , floorpan etc .
The front looks very aggresive , wide and low with a real metal mesh grille in the spoiler , although the side radiator panels are just moulded plastic . Headlamps are very well done too , as are the tiny bonnet pins .
All gaps are very tight , making the doors quite hard to open and all the Tampo printing lines up over the gaps perfectly . No decals on this puppy :happy

The rear cover had me puzzled for a minute as I was trying to open it as per the AUTOart cars....but this one just pulls back and comes off completely . The spoiler is a fixture and not mounted to the engine cover at all . Again , nice locking pins and they added a high intensity rear lamp . The third brake light is just painted on however.

Engine detail isnt abundant, but only because you cant see much of it anyways on the 1:1. What you can see is pretty well done , with the lower half , exhausts etc being visible from underneath .
Under the front hood is extremely nice . All the detail is there , from the fuel cell to the twin brake reservoirs and all their relevant plumbing . Even the panel under the hood has a replica Carbon fibre style panel on it

Wheels are nicely done too . Similar to the AUTOart racers , but not as highly chromed.....these look more like polished aluminium instead of chrome a la AUTOart`s .
The tyres are slightly higher profile too , which means they really fill up those big arches .Front discs are perforated , rears are grooved with nice calipers .

The interior is gorgeous , with a very soft flock on the Recaro seat and a nicely detailed race harness . Everything is in there , from the sequential gearshift , fire system and all the interior brake lines etc . The door panels are better moulded too , with seperate door pulls to close them .

All in all a truly Awesome new model from Minichamps . This will surely be a sell out , so if you want one , get it before theyre all gone . You wont regret spending your hard earned on this one .
Lets hope Minichamps put out some more race versions too :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Congrats Gary :cheers
you bought astonishing model :tongue

maybe you can help in the GT3 RSR problem :
will AUTOart produce the GT3 RSR or not ???
if not, i will buy today the minichamps version .

:cheers
Nadav

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Gary, outstanding! :tongue :tongue
The model looks terrific, and I agree with your enthusiasm about it! If Minichamps doesn't release race versions of this car (and I don't see why they wouldn't do it) I'll get this one instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That solves that, I'm all over it. :yahoo

Game over for AUTOart. Not wanting to get into a comparo of the AUTOart models, but does having this model make you look at the AUTOart models in a different light.

If Minichamps offers more of these model, I anticipate I will unload my AUTOart versions.

Thanks for sharing the first impressions and pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hi Darrick ,

You certainly wont be disappointed in this one , thats for sure .

I still love my AUTOart`s , I know they have flaws (God did I really admit that :giggle ) but this Minichamps car really is something else .
I think they captured the shape of the car much better , looking at the height of the door glass , the Minichamps is lower in height with a "flatter " roof . Everything about it looks right .

I would never get rid of my AUTOart GT3`s but I have to admit it and hand it to Minichamps....they really nailed this one . If AUTOart do produce the RSR it had better be good , because this one will take some beating .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very, very impressive young Gary.

I like the detail in the front compartment, it looks better than AAs GT3R.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats Sir Gary. :happy
It looks awesome. I'll be getting one for sure! One question though, should the the rims be polished chrome? I don't have a good picture of the real car to compare it with.
:feedback

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow.....

Gary.... your making me spend more money again!!!!! :lol

Beautiful Porsche, I'm so happy AUTOart and Minichamps will battle it out :yahoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anyone know of a place shipping to the US that has these? im having problems finding em still.....

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Thanks for posting this Gary! I would not had gotten this car, but your pics put me over the edge!

Score another hit for Minichamps!

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Well, it was certainly worth the short wait, wasn't it!

Looks like another beautiful Porschefrom Minichamps :nicejob

Congrats on getting it (and being the first here to do so :giggle ) :cheers

I am sooo glad I didn't load up with AUTOart's :happy

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.