DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it.....I bought another GT3 RSR so that I could remove the Tampos and have an all white RSR to join my other " client " cars .

It waspretty easy to do and took me around 2 hours . The red paint was pretty thick and took a few applications of NPR to get it off completely , but the Graphite , Silver and Black came off with no trouble at all .

Unfortunately I lost the Bonnet crest , as it was so close to the RSR script , I caught it with the NPR and that was it , but not to worry as Im gonna order some Porsche decals soon .
I also havent done the spoiler yet as its plastic , and as we know , plastic and NPR dont mix too good

Im happy with the result .Heres some (bad) pics :happy

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats really hot :hot

Can you do a comparison photo shoot/review between the AUTOart and the Minichamps?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
You did it, was the clear coat onto of the tampos? it would of been real hard to keep the crest on the bonnet.

Thanks for posting the pics Gary.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Good work, Darrick!
Explendid work, Darrick!
Fantastic work, Darrick!

I agree with Gary. What about the differences bettween them?

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is AMAZING work !!
I am in love !!

What is NPR ? :confused
Does it remove only tampos or is it also bad for paint ? Did you use Q-tips ?
Do you need to re-polish afterwards ?

Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great work Sir Gary! Your pic just shot up this model to the TOP of my list! I guess it is payback time! :giggle

I am going to inquire tomorrow at a Porsche dealer to see if they have them.

NPR= Finger nail polish remover (use the non-acetone)

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Looks awesome with its clothes off :giggle

great job, Gary :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No probs Mike :cheers

As far as I could tell there was no clear coat on them . The crest was a pain for sure...its really well done on the RSR too so I would have loved to keep it but it was almost impossible to do .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thomas , as Al already said , NPR is Nail Polish Remover (non acetone ).

It wont affect the paint at all , but you cant use it on plastic painted parts (eg rear wing) or it will melt them .
I used Q tips and a clean cloth , and yes , its advisable to polish afterwards for a nice shine and to ensure theirs nothing lefty on the paintwork .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.