DiecastXchange Forum banner

Post One Random Model Picture a Day

513K views 9K replies 312 participants last post by  Jersey_Devil 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Saw this on another forum and thought it would work here. So you can post one picture a day and only one picture.

It can be of anything diecast related such as:
  • Your favourite diecast
  • A terrible diecast
  • A car
  • A bike
  • interior
  • exterior
  • your collection
etc, etc. Also try to add the make and model for people that are interested. I'll start off with my current favourite pairing the Exoto GT40 and AUTOart McLaren F1.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Interesting thread EP3Rich - and love your two black beauties!!

Here's one from the vault - ERTL Orange County Choppers 'Old School Bike' (my favourite OCC bike!) and accompanying figure is Christie from Bandai's Dead Or Alive Extreme Volleyball series...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: AbbeyJane808
#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks guys, I found this site this evening and it looks like my addiction to diecast will surely be enhanced here. Just browsing through the forum and seeing what everyone has is pretty cool, gives a lot of new ideas! I've been collecting diecast since 1996, and have a good sized collection now. I've been focusing latelly on select 1:43 scale stuff, mainly due to running out of room for all the 1:18 and 1:24 stuff. Also as Ravtoy mentioned I've been on a Mustang kick as well. The picture above is coming down of an ascent of the peak pictured, Lone Peak, above my house here in Salt Lake, taken yesterday morning.

I do a lot of hiking, climbing, scrambling and mountain biking, at least one or two peaks a week. In some of my photo's you'll likely see a diecast replica with a mountain scene in the background. One replica in particular, a Yat Ming 1:43 '67 Shelby GT 500, Eleanor, has been in my pack pretty much everytime I get out up there somewhere. Some people have a rabbit's foot for good luck, I have Eleanor, lol. That little model has been in my pack on close to 250+ ascents over the past few years since I bought it. Seems like my success rate on these peaks is that much better with the model in my pack. Also it's neat to be able to pull it out of the pack and look at it while up on a summit somewhere.

Here it is while bagging a bunch of peaks in the Stansbury Range here in Utah last week:

Cool forum! Can't wait to check it out more.