DiecastXchange Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1037 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Speaking of 993’s, I’d love to see a 1/18 993 Turbo in the color White. They currently only make a 1/18 Carrera RS in white, and although it looks somewhat similar, I’ll really like to see it on the Turbo. I’m tempted to look for a Turbo model for a good deal so I could possibly paint it white....

·
Administrator
34,987 Posts
Ford F150 Hennessey VelociRaptor (I was watching an old Top Gear episode the other day) GT Spirit only made the Raptor. I want this!!

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Ford Sierra/Mercury Merkur XR4(Ti). Also could be done as a group A circuit racer.
img hosting
I suspect OttO Mobile will make one at some point
Since you guys brought the Merkur up, I thought why not do the IMSA version as well considering it was successful in it's class.
Yes please! Daytona winner would be nice
I blame you guys for me ending up watching the entire 30-minute You Tube video of the 1988 ETCC Silverstone Tourist Trophy to watch an army of RS500/Merkurs in action! All I wanted to do was find whether AJG's or Jon's pics were of the Daytona GTO winner (they are) and in my search of racingsportscars.com got thoroughly confused because I didn't know the exact model name of the Sierra that the Mercury Merkur XR4Ti was rebadged from. Once I found RS500, then I saw that the race info wasn't linked to race lists for the IMSA Merkur but found enough interesting race results that I had to watch the race: excellent video, commentary and plenty of driver interviews:

1988 RAC Tourist Trophy

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I blame you guys for me ending up watching the entire 30-minute You Tube video of the 1988 ETCC Silverstone Tourist Trophy to watch an army of RS500/Merkurs in action! All I wanted to do was find whether AJG's or Jon's pics were of the Daytona GTO winner (they are) and in my search of racingsportscars.com got thoroughly confused because I didn't know the exact model name of the Sierra that the Mercury Merkur XR4Ti was rebadged from. Once I found RS500, then I saw that the race info wasn't linked to race lists for the IMSA Merkur but found enough interesting race results that I had to watch the race: excellent video, commentary and plenty of driver interviews:

1988 RAC Tourist Trophy
I posted that clip. : >)
Click on the inquisitor name and see my other postings.
Collected on VHS tape as soon as I could afford a video recorder...

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I posted that clip. : >)
Click on the inquisitor name and see my other postings.
Collected on VHS tape as soon as I could afford a video recorder...
Talk about small world! That certainly explains all the touring car vids posted by inquisitor 😉...

·
Administrator
34,987 Posts
Porsche Cayman 718 GT4. Both Spark & GT Spirit have made the previous gen, so I'm showing a picture here hoping someone will make it.

Reactions: AJG185

·
Administrator
34,987 Posts
dont forget that Schuco also made some Cayman GT4's, but then again they are not producing much, and what they do is at an slow rate.
I completely forgot they made it too!

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Apologies if this has been recommended in one of the 990 previous posts!
I just didn't feel like trawling through them all.....
Sunbeam Tiger 289 - preferably without the goofy mirrors (unless they were on the doors).
With the rollbar and hood scoop, this is obviously a Tiger prepped for racing. You should go for the most famous version, the one driven by Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 of CONTROL:

This is actually a touched-up Alpine, but you'd have to check under the hood to tell the difference since the Alpine had a 2.3-liter inline four cylinder as opposed to the Tiger's 4.3 or 4.7-liter Ford V-8s.

·
Administrator
34,987 Posts
I only found out this version existed yesterday. Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography, basically almost the engine from a Range Rover SVR (so I heard) put into a Velar.

·
Administrator
34,987 Posts
A Jensen Interceptor FF, either a MKII or a MkIII - Cult made the MkI but I didn't like the colour they chose that much (It was a sort of boring Grey/ Silver) & didn't buy one. They barely ever come up for sale so, maybe a re paint of it, or the later ones I mentioned would be nice!

A MkI in this Orange would be cool!

MkII,

MKIII. I know it's like playing spot the difference!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
The 1969 Aston Martin DBS V8 in this spec (most likely Cult, or GT-Spirit)
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

The 1969 Ferrari 246 Dino in this spec. I know BBR made it a few years back, but in too limited of a production run. (most likely KK-Scale, Matrix, BBR, CMR)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

1968 Ferrari 365 2+2 in this spec (most likely KK-Scale, Matrix, CMR)
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

1959 Ferrari 250 GT SWB in this spec (most likely KK-Scale since they are already making the same in red, yellow & blue)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

981 - 1000 of 1037 Posts