DiecastXchange Forum banner
1,001 - 1,020 of 1,098 Posts
I just saw a thread with the theme Mini's. I can't figure out why we've not had a decent 1/18 early Mini model ? Sure, Kyosho made different ones, but they are so old now & not fully opening (only bonnet & doors) plus they have dogleg hinges.
Cult Models have made a Mk1 Cooper S in a couple of colours, but it's far too expensive, the cheapest I have seen is ÂŁ130 and some are asking ÂŁ200 for it. And it's sealed because it's resin. I like it though. SunStar made a 1/12 scale, rare now & super fragile. Premium Classixxs made the later ones in 1/12. I have one. Again, hard to find and expensive. I would buy an early one if they decided to make them.

Lovely!!

+1 for the Mini.
The usually inexpensive IXO/Altaya rally cars are really nice, although they are of course sealed.
Getting the markings off shouldn't be too much hassle.
The 1967 rally Monte Carlo winning Altaya has some really nice 10" Minilites - including two spares inside.
The biggest issue I have with the Cult is the oversized door hinges - and the cost.....

And now that Top Speed has the license for IMSA, please make the XR4Ti Daytona winner! Anyone else want to buy it? I’ll email them constantly until they make it, haha.

Add me to those on the Merkur XR4Ti list!
And perhaps persuade whoever owns the tooling for the Roush Mustangs to re-issue the Motorcraft version.

And now that Top Speed has the license for IMSA, please make the XR4Ti Daytona winner! Anyone else want to buy it? I’ll email them constantly until they make it, haha.

Add me to those on the Merkur XR4Ti list!
And perhaps persuade whoever owns the tooling for the Roush Mustangs to re-issue the Motorcraft version.
I just emailed them about it… here is their email: Customercare@tsm-models.com

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct place but I guess I can give it a try.
I would really like to have the 1/18 scale model of the transport we had on our wedding day.
I did some searches on the internet but could find anything. So I thought why not ask it in this community.
It is a ROLLS-ROYCE 20/25 Six Light Hooper – 1928, picture added.

Is there somebody who knows if this has ever been produced as a scale model? I would be really interested to know where to buy it then.:D
Normally I only collect 1/18 scale models, but for this one I am open for other options...

Attachments

Hi, thread moved & merged into here as this fits better. Thanks.

Reactions: ASpaans
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct place but I guess I can give it a try.
I would really like to have the 1/18 scale model of the transport we had on our wedding day.
I did some searches on the internet but could find anything. So I thought why not ask it in this community.
It is a ROLLS-ROYCE 20/25 Six Light Hooper – 1928, picture added.

Is there somebody who knows if this has ever been produced as a scale model? I would be really interested to know where to buy it then.:D
Normally I only collect 1/18 scale models, but for this one I am open for other options...
Wow! That must have been one great wedding! Good luck finding a mode of it.

Wow! That must have been one great wedding! Good luck finding a mode of it.
It was indeed! we were riding to city hall and people on the streets just started waving to us. :D
We were looking like celebrities. :cool:

Would be really special if I could find the model...

Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo GTS in this colour, with these wheels.

The best angle!! oh my!!!!

Dare I say it, a Fiat 500e. They look a bit different so you can tell it's the electric version (if you know what you are looking at!) It's not my thing but it's not ugly.

I've always loved the look of the concept Aerovette. Fully opening would be great as it was functional and had classic gullwing doors. I'd imagine replicating the folding part of the door would be a challenge though.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but the 1970 Shelby GT500 and the both the 1969 and 1970 Torino Cobra more than deserve a opening and fully detailed version.

I know Ertl have the "dog legs everywhere" versions of the '70 GT500 and '70 Torino Cobra, but let's be honest, they weren't that good back then, even less now.

Ertl could have - or still can - do a much better job, I don't understand why they didn't give those Fords the 'Highway 61" treatment, when they operated that brand. Maybe now GMP could make them. Or maybe even Sun Star could do a Platinum version.

1970 Shelby GT500
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1970 Torino Cobra
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

1969 Torino Cobra, just look at those fastback-licious lines...:p
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

1,001 - 1,020 of 1,098 Posts