DiecastXchange Forum banner
1,021 - 1,040 of 1,098 Posts
Well, if you're going to suggest those two, and I fully agree with you, then obviously a spot must be made for the King!
Ah, the King Cobra! Ford's answer to the Datsun 240Z! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think the chances of that being made in 1:18 are just as thin as the chances the 1:1 had of going into production in 1970... it would be kinda cool in 1:18, though.

1988 Cadillac Voyage Concept. There's a Micro Machines toy of this, but it looks like garbage.
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive design

1987 Lamborghini Portofino Concept. I would really like this with fully opening doors.
Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire

91-92 Chevrolet Caprice. I love the rear wheel well design. If it existed, I wouldn't have to customize a UT Models Caprice.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

95-96 Cadillac Fleetwood VINYL DELETE. I know Xiaoguang makes a 93-94 diecast and VAV makes a resin, but I prefer 95-96 mirrors and no vinyl top.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

1968 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special, NO VINYL TOP, NO MID BODY TRIM.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

1960 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special, NO VINYL TOP, NO MID BODY TRIM. Only model of these I can find is horribly deformed Jo-Han 1/24 acetate dealer promos.
Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

1963 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special, NO VINYL TOP, NO MID BODY TRIM.
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood

1953 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

2007-10 Audi A8L D3 LONG WHEELBASE. Motormax had a low quality '04 shorty and Kyosho had a nice '10 shorty, but I really want LWB.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Pretty obscure picks, so I won't hold my breath. :cry:

I see you like boats. I too appreciate a good gigantic sedan.
Sure do, to the point of obsession. Hope to have a real one someday.

A couple I forgot:

2017 BMW Alpina B7. There's a base model one, but the Alpina wheels and body kit looks soooo nice.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

2021 Lincoln Continental Coach Door Edition. Must have fully functioning doors, of course. I know Chinese like making these kinds of models and they've got a normal Conti, but coach doors is so much cooler.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

A few more forgotten/forgettable old regular cars. I could maybe see BoS making some of these as they sometimes have unusual subject vehicles.

First-gen (1986-91) Mercury Sable LS. This was my absolute favorite car as a small child growing up in a world of 80s boxes. When I turned 16, I hunted for, and found, a fairly decent shape old '86 Mercury Sable LS fully loaded with every option. Happiest day of my life, to get a dream car at 16. I loved that car soooo much, but after owning it 1-1/2 years, I broadsided a Mazda Protege, totaling it. I vowed to replace it with another, but never managed to find one and lost interest in midsize and FWD vehicles as an adult. I would love a model of one as a tribute to my first car. The pic is not mine, mine was blue, but this is the best recent-ish pic I've found of one that isn't beat.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

1992-95 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi - I've always found the "storm trooper" looking Bonnevilles to be an attractive head-turner. I always prefer black cars, but this one I just might prefer white.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

2003 Pontiac Bonneville GXP Concept - Similar to the production car, but the 19" wheels and lowered stance on the concept look better than the production height and 18" size.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

1995-99 Oldsmobile Aurora (first generation). This was what I thought "cars of the future" would look like as a child.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

I liked the first gen Buick Park Avenue, but for some reason the 2nd gen really appeals to me when I see one on the road.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Automotive side marker light

Oldsmobile Ninety Eight - I've always had a thing for "modern" sedans with that classic bit of rear skirt.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Cloud

Pre-refresh (1995-97) 9th gen Lincoln Continental. Loved the low nose, long sleek looking body, and full-width taillight.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Wheel

Mercedes V221 (long-wheelbase). AUTOart used to make a short-wheelbase. I thought the SWB is kind of ugly and cartoonish in proportions, but in contrast, the LWB looks beautiful and is my favorite S-class of all time. Really quite surprised no company has made a LWB V221 in 1:18. There's a LWB model of every other generation of S-class, but NOT my favorite one.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Honestly, these three would be personal choices.

1990-1993 Honda Accord (my first car). Stock photo here, mine had a pile of mods to it.

An 84-95 Toyota Pickup (Marty's for reference) Yes, the 89-95 were different body-wise but the truck was effectively the same.

2016+ Tacoma

An 84-95 Toyota Pickup (Marty's for reference) Yes, the 89-95 were different body-wise but the truck was effectively the same.
2016+ Tacoma
Thumbs up for the Toyotas SR5 and Tacoma! đź‘Ť

The SR5 is more likely to be done by Greenlight, they're do the movie cars. More likely it will be sealed though... :(

But here's hoping either Kyosho or AR have a go at making it.

I think there's a huge shortage in the model car market for pickup trucks, it's basically only the Chinese DE if you want a fully opening example these days, and they only do what's popular to them.

Thumbs up for the Toyotas SR5 and Tacoma! đź‘Ť

The SR5 is more likely to be done by Greenlight, they're do the movie cars. More likely it will be sealed though... :(

But here's hoping either Kyosho or AR have a go at making it.

I think there's a huge shortage in the model car market for pickup trucks, it's basically only the Chinese DE if you want a fully opening example these days, and they only do what's popular to them.
Sealed isn't the dealbreaker for me it is for others, as long as the quality is good. My MFP Interceptors are effectively sealed (doors only) and it's like...would it be cool to be full open, sure, but I can live with it.

The Toyota Pickups don't even have to necessarily be Marty's truck, I just hope they use the USDM bed rather than the other markets. I had a 93 Xtracab for a year that I adored and would love a version of that. My current daily is a Tacoma that's taken some inspiration from Marty's truck, so to have a replica of that would be neat as well.

I don't ever think we will see a 90-93 Accord in 1/18. A Japanese company did a 1/24 wagon, but I have nothing else in that scale and I had a sedan, so it's a stretch for what it is. A 1/18 wagon or a 1/24 sedan and we'd have a purchase.

1988 Nissan GTP racecar please! View attachment 283887
I have been campaigning in this thread for this classic to be realized in the larger scale since 2008 (see the first of my several posts for this and other GTP cars below):

PLEEEEZE GTPs!

Nice to have more voices added to the chorus for this important car!

The Trans-Am Series is no longer the 500-pound gorilla it once was during its early years, but it has huge car counts due to opening up the series to multiple classes (usually run in separate races) and the top class sports 850-horsepower studmobiles running 358 c.i. (5.87 L) engines (same as NASCAR) with some gorgeous bodywork. I'd love to see this one - Tomy Drissi's Lucas Oil Ford Mustang - in 1/18th!
Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wheel

I normally loathe custom coachwork (the butchery that was often done on 70s and 80s Cadillac Eldorados and anything by Will.I.Am comes to mind). However, I really like this Mercedes S600 Royale. It's a one-off custom whose owner often drives it around Los Angeles and Monaco. I would love to have a 1:18 of this:
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

ZIL 117. This is a big Soviet era sedan that regular citizens could not buy. Heads of state would ride in the ZIL 114 stretched limo, while the bodyguards would ride in the short wheelbase 117s. I find the earlier 70s version with the rear fender skirts looks more unique and is what I'd prefer in a 1:18. It's possible to find the non-skirted versions from the mid-70s in 1:43 and 1:24.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

1980s Tatra 613 Special. This is a long wheelbase executive car from the Czech Republic from the Soviet era. I like it because it looks so weird, and that's partly because it had a rear air-cooled V8. Triple9 has a sealed model of a short wheelbase 70s one, but I dig the Mercedes-esque composite headlights with wipers on the 80s version and also find it a shame when a model of such an unusual car is sealed. I mean, rear-engine in a big sedan is what makes this car so strange, so I want to see that engine in the trunk!
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car

1947 Cadillac Fleetwood. There's a '41 (MCG), '55 (Greenlight), 70s and 80s (BoS), 2 '90s (VAV and Xiaoguang), but I think the '47 Fleetwood with its low greenhouse and sleek pontoon fenders is strikingly beautiful.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky

1947 Cadillac Fleetwood. There's a '41 (MCG), '55 (Greenlight), 70s and 80s (BoS), 2 '90s (VAV and Xiaoguang), but I think the '47 Fleetwood with its low greenhouse and sleek pontoon fenders is strikingly beautiful.
Would a 1947 Series 62 Cabriolet work?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Auto World still releases them. I believe they're old Anson molds. I think their most recent release doesn't come with the convertible roof, but I'm sure there are different variations available on ebay.

Would a 1947 Series 62 Cabriolet work?

View attachment 284692

Auto World still releases them. I believe they're old Anson molds. I think their most recent release doesn't come with the convertible roof, but I'm sure there are different variations available on ebay.
I think you're right, Auto World is re-releasing models with the old Anson molds. Used black Ansons are available quite reasonably priced as well.
This is going to sound like the weirdest thing, but I'm not really into coupes or convertibles, despite owning only coupes and convertibles my entire adult life. I do have the Anson '53 Eldo convertible and Yat Ming '49 convertible, but bought them based on price 20yrs ago purely for office decor and would replace them with Fleetwood versions in a heartbeat.

1,021 - 1,040 of 1,098 Posts