DiecastXchange Forum banner
561 - 580 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Great additions Jon, I am looking at both - the TDF in racing livery. CMF are doing a great job in filling the 'more affordable space' with classic Ferraris and both the TDF and especially the GTC being more obscure. The GTC is such an elegant design and I much prefer the 330 to the 365 with the grilles aft of the front wheels. Shame to hear of the issues with MRM as he had done some great commissions for you in the past.

Just out of interest what is your 1/18 count? I am in the process of trying to sell our house and moving hundreds of model cars is an exercise I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
He has a few models for over 3 years now. Never answers my messages. Never finished work. Pretty much stole over $1000 in models from me. Stay away !
I still have one commission. He has been working on it for at least 3 years as well.
He did reply me once in awhile. Still trying to finish it up but no firm date.
[/quote]

Hopefully he can live up to his word.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
Reactions: Marios

·
Super Moderator
12,772 Posts
Jonathan, you are on FIRE!!
Seriously, you are helping more than most to keep this board alive with one amazing post after another!!

PLEASE keep it up, it's always a delight to see what you're going to post next! BIG CHEERS!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Fantastic batch. All strong additions to any collection.
Digging the GTs, One-77, GTR, and the F12s.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #574 ·

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Love the Ferraris Jon - especially that Green 599 GTO. The 1980's Holdens are great to see too, being an Aussie and all. It has been really sad to see Holden close it's doors and the end of production of the Commodore, though the writing was on the wall with the VF replacement.

All SS models are becoming quite collectible now and offer the driver alot of bang for the buck if not sophistication. Shame you are no longer in Australia, as the postage must be a killer.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #576 ·
Love the Ferraris Jon - especially that Green 599 GTO. The 1980's Holdens are great to see too, being an Aussie and all. It has been really sad to see Holden close it's doors and the end of production of the Commodore, though the writing was on the wall with the VF replacement.

All SS models are becoming quite collectible now and offer the driver alot of bang for the buck if not sophistication. Shame you are no longer in Australia, as the postage must be a killer.
Cheers,

Yeah, the postage stop any real attempt to collect Aussie muscle. I just look for deals on ebay.
As for the real cars I have been shopping around for either an 80s V8 Holden, or an HZ, GTS look a-like. I see some go for $30,000-40,000, which is not bad given the exchange rates. Shipping a car is not cheap, but having shipped my Jeep to Aus and back to the US makes me think it is worth it. It is just a matter of buying a car sight-unseen for so much money and from the other side of the world.
Maybe I can get back to Australia in a few years.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #578 ·

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #580 ·
You certainly have had your full rack of porker ribs with your latest buys,all very nice models.
Only a couple are new to me. Most I just never got around to sharing. I've had some extra time at home to do this.

561 - 580 of 620 Posts