13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
Reactions: Venom

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #585 ·
Stunning additions, Jonathan!!!

My favourite is the black spider - looks sooo cool!
Love the spider. Not sure why I still have the HWE version in black. It just does not have the same presence.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #587 · (Edited)
Gosh, has it really been over a year since I updated this thread. Sorry. I will get around to adding new photos and threads at some point.

This is an update of my current pre-orders, incoming models and a bit of a wishlist. I am out of country for work and will not see the incoming models until December.

Incoming
Mercedes AMG GT Black Series, orange (GT Spirit)
McLaren 765LT, orange (GT Spirit)
Renault Megane RS F1, yellow (Otto)
Renault Clio 3 RS RB7, black (Otto)
Ferrari 330 GTS Michelotti Spider, yellow (Tecnomodel)
Ferrari 375 MM Berlinetta, white (CMF)
Ferrari 330 GT 2+2, gold (BBR)
Ferrari 812 Superfast, white (BBR)
Ferrari 812 GTS, green (MR Models)
Ferrari Portofino M, green (BBR)

Pre-Ordered
Bugatti Chiron (MR Models)
Ferrari F8 Spider, grey (MR Models)
Ferrari 360 Barchetta, silver (BBR)
Ferrari Pista Piloti, yellow (BBR)
Pagani Zonda, silver (BBR)
Porsche 356, white (BBR)

Watchlist/Wishlist
Ferrari 212 Inter Vignale, black & yellow (Matrix)
Ferrari 250 GT Bertone, white or red (Matrix)
Ferrari 348 Zagato, white (Tecnomodel)
Ferrari 348 GTS, grey (GT Spirit)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage, green (GT Spirit)
Porsche 964 RSR 3.8, silver (GT Spirit)
Porsche 964 Turbo Flachbau, red (GT Spirit) - maybe
Porsche 993 Targa (GT Spirit)
Porsche 993 RS 3.8 (GT Spirit)
Audi RS6 Avant, blue (GT Spirit) - maybe
Audi Allroad, silver (GT Spirit)
Audi S8, green (Otto)
Renault Laguna BTCC (Otto)
Honda NSX R, blue, white and white and red and maybe also black (AA)

Reactions: _LamboNick_1990

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #588 ·
Reactions: Venom

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #589 ·
Lewis Hamilton's LaFerrari

The last two years I have moved heavily into collecting more sealed resin models, mostly BBR. I love the subject matter and I think the models look as close their real life counterparts better than any diecast open model. Yeah, I love to have open models, but on modern cars it does not matter much. And funnily enough, BBR has recently moved back to making a few diecast models. The LaFerrari is one I was not interested in adding. I have a couple from HWE, including an impressive custom version in green to match Jay Kays. And I also picked up a resin sealed LF in Rosso Dino. But, when I saw they were releasing Lewis Hamilton's LaFerrari I knew I wanted one. For being a huge Hamilton fan, I do not own any of his race cars. And here we are with me buying his a model of his Ferrari, of all cars, haha. I wasn't sure if I would actually like this model much. Bright metallic red with red interior and black wheels and trim. Not really my style. While not a fan of the colors, it is absolutely stunning. It really sticks out. I don't own a lot of red Ferrari's, but this one deserves a spot in the collection. Now, I need BBR to release his LaFerrari Apertal white with black everything else.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #590 ·
Ferrari Monza SP2 (BBR)

The best looking open cabin supercar on the market and the one worth adding to my collection. I love seeing the wild liveries owners have put on these cars. No idea how anyone could decide. I have bought two of these models. One in metallic black with red interior, a style I always love. And then there is this one in a pearl, metallic white with blue stripe and interior. It is bright and exciting, and really sticks out in the collection. Perfect.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
Ferrari Roma (BBR)

The more I see these the more I think they are the best looking Ferrari of the modern era, and then some. And no, it does not look like an Aston Martin. Fuck off with that shit. The model from BBR is one of their best. They seem to keep improving and this one really shows off. I am glad I picked up this version. While I like other color combos, nothing has looked this good. The paint is truly insane and looks amazing in the sun. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #592 ·
Ferrari F12 tdf - Tailor Made

BBR is having fun with these unique liveries. Every time they release one I want it. So, hopefully they don't go crazy. I can't afford a ton of these.

Reactions: Marios and Venom

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
Ferrari California T by Maisto

Not everything in my collection overpriced pieces of plastic. I have a few cheap models and I love them all the same. Always a fan of the California and had to grab this when I saw it at the grocery store. Almost impossible to say no. Cool model, not a fan of the color, but totally worth it.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #595 ·
Ferrari F12 70th Anniversary "The Grand Tourer" by BBR

I would go broke if BBR made every 70th Anniversary Ferrari. I think they are very cool, fun and interesting. If they make any more, I will buy them. This one happens to be one of my favorites, really love the colors. I also have the car this livery is modelled after. I'll get them together early next year.

Reactions: Marios and Venom

·
Registered
223 Posts
You have many fantastic models, and that F12 is sensational. Also, that Monza SP2 looks great in that colour scheme. There is a 1:1 near me in black with red interior, just like your other model (it has so much flake in the black paint that it almost ceases to be "black" if that makes sense). As a model the white really pops and shows off the details of the bodywork, as a 1:1 I might have to go with the black one (if I had a couple of million in loose change in my pocket.....) - these are a much bigger car in person than I was anticipating. I'm also keen to see what you think of the Otto Renault Clio RS 3 RB when you receive it, I was disappointed to miss the liquid yellow release as we had a 1:1 until very recently and it was an amazing car. No-one else is probably going to make models of these cars for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #597 ·
The SP cars are based on the 812, which is pretty large. But, with no roof it just looks so damn wide. It works though. The all black model is OK. It needs something more. I thought about having it repainted to match the 500 Mondial in very light blue. But, not worth it at this time. Black does not show off the car enough.
The Renault's are going to be fun to see. I have no reason to buy any of them, but if it catches my eye I will buy it. I have a few French cars, but certainly not my focus. When I get around to them I will be sure to take some cool photos.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #598 ·
Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV (AUTOart)

I haven't bought a new AA model since they released the Aston Martin V8, the one from the 80s. It was their last new diecast model released. It is not that I have anything against non-diecast opening models, I just think the quality of their models have suffered over the last few years. Most cars they make aren't even made with metal. How cares if the model is plastic or not. I just want a top quality model from a top brand. This little gem is an older AA model. While not obviously a stunning model, it just does everything right. I'll happily keep collecting older AA models for a good price.

Reactions: Marios

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #599 ·
Ferrari 488 GTB 70th Anniversary by Bburago

Pretty cool to see Bburago make the 70th Anniversary cars. This is the only one I bought so far. There are a couple more I wouldn't mind adding. This is one of the more subtle liveries.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #600 ·
Ferrari 488 Pista Niki Lauda Edition by BBR Models

Add this to the list of Ferrari's I own with some kind of retro livery. This might be the most extreme with its take on the 70s F1 car driven by Niki Lauda. I try to avoid red Ferrari's, but this is worth the exception. Between the gold wheels, silver roof and decals all over the place, this is far from just another red Ferrari.

Reactions: Marios
581 - 600 of 620 Posts